Landstar with a Van,good or bad.?

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Steven Jones, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Steven Jones

Steven Jones Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Looking at leasing with Landstar next month with a dry van,any input would be helpful, looked at Mercer, rates are too darn low. Thanks an Ole trucker

jhnnybllgm Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Get your authority, takes about a month and then become a Landstar approved carrier...especially since you also have your own trailer.
    You can also haul for other brokers when better loads are available.

Hegemeister and HorseShoe Thank this.
  4. williams1987

williams1987 Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Any info on Landstar Texas runs. I'm looking to run between Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Is this possible?

5. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    I started with Landstar Inway 2 weeks ago. My first 8 days of running have been decent. I went from Illinois down to Shreveport over to Kissimmee Fl, Orlando to SC then reloaded in NC to Meridian MS and am currently on a short over night hop up to Russellville Ar before taking the weekend off in Joplin at the truck show with my wife and friends. I did not book the highest paying loads all week rather I ran where I did to fit my need to swing into Florida and make it back in time for the truck show and am still content with what I am bringing in. Honestly I probably put more miles on my rig in the past 8 days then I will in most 8 day periods in the near future. I could have easily netted an additional .40-.70 cpm in revenue if I had been chasing the revenue rather than allowing my need to be in specific areas drive my choices.

6. williams1987

Feb 28, 2015
    Thanks VolvoTerry, I really want to try to stay in Texas. I really hope I can stay busy doing this. I was told there is a lot of freight out of Dallas. He didn't know much about Houston.

7. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    My experience with TX is it pays to go south, but headed north is hit and miss.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  8. williams1987

Feb 28, 2015
    I heard Lerado can be hard getting out of.

9. Tom 7610

Tom 7610 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2015
    It's easy to load out of Lerado or anywhere in TX. Just expect to run at 1.25 a mile gross from our fine agents for loads over 500 miles.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  10. Tom 7610

Tom 7610 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2015
    When you look at a TX load from up north going to TX and it pays 2.56 a mile your going to be reloading under 2.00 per to get out of TX. If you want to go back north under 1.50 mile gross. You will never pay your bill running out of TX.

11. Steven Jones

Steven Jones Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Is that $2.00 a mile b4 landstars cut?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.