Lane Violation in The Gorge (I40 NC)

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by racemaxx24, Jan 10, 2019.

1. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    $238

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I'm not going to read all of the replies. I'll say this, I'm so totally happy that you got a ticket. People like me are tired of following the rules just to have someone like you break them and get by. I hope it hurts a lot.

4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    That won't sting anything like the points.
    Sorry
    I can do the 45-50 through there.

It's when the white knucklers start the 25mph crap... I get it.

Gotta choose your spot

racemaxx24 Thanks this.
  5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Oh well, you roll the dice you pay the price. Ask yourself this, stuck behind slow traffic in the gorge for 5 minutes, was it worth it?

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  6. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    I’m not too concerned about it, been a couple years since my last ticket for anything and no jeopardy to my employment. Confirmed what I pretty well knew.. Pay it and truck on, ride the left lane more carefully.. TTR puritans can take the thread over full force :cool:

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I have to be blunt here. To get a lane violation in the gorge is a testament to one's thought process. There is no way that will be forgiven. You are definitely going to take those points. I've seen a truck overturned 3 times in the gorge. That would be the reason why you see that proverbial NO TRUCKS LEFT LANE. In my opinion, for a company driver, that's fireable. That's one lane violation no trucker should ever get. You put too many people at risk and it's not being a safe driver.

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You're not too concerned about it? Quit lying man. If you weren't, you wouldn't have started this thread saying, "I don't need the points." Now you're saying it's been a couple of years since your last ticket. One can only hope it's a non moving violation. You didn't even learn because you say, "ride the left lane more carefully." I take that as you'll probably try it again with your impatient self. The gorge ain't nothing to play with.

9. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    If I were you Scottie, I'd quit my dayjob and take up comedy. Almost seems sarcastic how square and by the book you are it is absolutely hilarious God Almighty ! All due respect... meantime, get out of my ####in way grandpa:biggrin_25523:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    If you try to go to court your going to lose, and in addition to your ticket and points you will now have court costs.

Pay the ticket.

I would like to add. In my experience if you go around a slow moving truck and get your ### back over they will generally let it go. If you try and pass 10 held up behind the lead guy you get a ticket.

Yeah it sucks. Rather that newbie slow it down where he can handle it, than get sideswiped by them because they are locking up.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    scottied67 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Lawyers play all the angles they can play but if ur dumb enough to break a lane restriction law especially in a truck i think they should take your cdl away, theres no load worth the extra 5 minutes of time u gain if that, not to mention all the ppl u put in danger to be selfish because u are impatient, i sure hope ur employer fires u, i know i sure would if some bonehead did that in my truck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.