Largest European trucking companies

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by missile_logistics, May 11, 2010.

1. halfgear

halfgear Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Rome
    stingy ########!! i tought they treated employee well!!.It's true the bigger they are the worst they get.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckrace

truckrace Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    waberer'####. -very very very very very bad job for drivers.

4. Typhoon

Typhoon Bobtail Member

May 20, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Hi Guys!!!

I think it´s not a big different between EU and US biggest Companies. You can also say... How bigger the CO in Europe, so poorer the CO. Terrible Pay, no hometime and the restrictions about driving on weekends and holidays squeeze you to make your Weekend out on the Road. for example, I had only about 4 hours to get home but my driving time was over. so i had to make my weekend break 320 kilometers far from home. 48 hours nothing to do...

It´s also normal that the driver have to unload and load bei himself with lifting carts and hydraulic plattforms. in Germany you get a fix salary. not on miles or kilometers. Salary on kilometers is not allowed by law restrictions in Germany. You work on an average Day 12 to 14 hours. 7-9 hours you drive and on the rest your´e waiting of cargo or stay in traffic jams. about traffic jam in Europe... It´s the Hell!!! no week without any traffic jam that kicks you out of your delivering time. do yourself a great favor... drive in the USA or Canada... In my opinion... it´s easier and without stress to work in north Amerika.

ah, and by the Way... Our Trucks are very modern with a couple of xtras to make the job as driver easier but they are so tiny as opposed to yours. not the right choice to work over weeks with it. I´m jealous about you Trucks.

So read you.....

Ty

5. Typhoon

Typhoon Bobtail Member

May 20, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    oh, right... R660!

I think DSV is the largest CO in Europe but i´m not sure about DHL. This 2 CO maybe even

6. halfgear

halfgear Light Load Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Rome
    i totally forgot about dsv, i didn't tought about them because here in italy they are called saima avandero so i did not think of them as a global logistic company

7. truckrace

truckrace Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    The largest company, wich dont have own trucks, but contract with small companies is LKW Walter. They make transport via train, plane and road. I made some job for them. The trip is good, but payment bad.

8. Ice85

Ice85 Bobtail Member

May 9, 2013
  9. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    LKW Walter, Panalpina. What about Augustin? How are they doing?
    What happened to the good old Hugarocamion?

10. coffee mug

coffee mug Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I see people from Europe living in Pennsylvania. I think some have a work visa to work for Wendy's or Schneider National or CR England

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.