Latest Message from the CEO

Discussion in 'TMC' started by joecool313, Oct 2, 2009.

1. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    Oddly enough, none of the companies he mentioned did away with EZ-Pass??
    Its now been a week for me at 62MPH....not too bad in the Northeast with the hills when heavy but its pure murder when empty on the bounce...feels like your driving a 12 1/2 speed...no sooner you shift to 13 it cuts right out...(my drive tires are really worn to boot so I'm only getting 60mph right now on the flat...pure murder!!!:biggrin_25513:) They are in no rush to change them either... Computer says 62 but both GPS's say 60mph along with the YOUR SPEED IS signs... They just tell me to deal with it until they decide to change my tires...did I say pure murder?? :biggrin_25521:

Baack, cplmac2, Jakebrake and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    hell I don't even shift into 13th anymore, just out of principle!

most of our drivers are smart enough to know that it's not just the economy... think about that for a minute.

joecool313 Thanks this.
  4. RockyWI

RockyWI Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Wisconsin gal
    Why, in that message, does he state that TMC's trucks are the envy of the road?

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    The CEO is wrong. Mav trucks are governed at 70. I went slower to get good fuel bonuses. There is a program in the computer that will cut the speed back to 65 if you do not achieve their standards on fuel mileage, When the truck gets the fuel mileage back the truck goes back to 70 mph on it's own.

joecool313 Thanks this.
  6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Probably the same reason he was wrong about other info...:biggrin_2559:

7. Winchester Magnum

Winchester Magnum Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway

I think he was saying that in comparing TMC trucks with other mega fleet trucks that are comprised primarly of plain Jane Vulvas, shakers, and corn binders.

IMO, TMC has had stand out trucks for over 20 years, spec'ed nice, and the big thing is these trucks actually GET WASHED WEEKLY.

Pride in equipent appearance comes in various forms, and TMC has more than most any other mega fleet out there.

And no, I've never driven for them

bulldozerbert and Wolfpack Thank this.
  8. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    He's not wrong, he's lying, AGAIN. I know Scheider was always governed below us because I always passed them, and I'm sure a lot of other companies are capped at 60-62. He of course did not repeat the blatant lie that he and his staff continually told about EZ Pass, and now that some time has gone by we have all seen that for exactly what it was, a way to steal money from the drivers. No doubt times are tough, but there is no need to be a scumbag about it.

9. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    wouldn't TMC get better mileage if they didn't use those huge, heavy tyrannosaurus 379s?

cplmac2 Thanks this.
  10. joecool313

joecool313 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2008
    NorthEast
    Yes thats the part in his message when he says:

"As most of you know we run trucks that are the envy on the road, but there is a sacrifice for this and that is lower fuel mileage than most of our competitors."

379's aren't too bad when compared to the 387's which makes up a portion of the fleet..Quite a bit heavier. Not as many of them as the 379's but a good amount.

Although I can haul #### near 49,950 with my 379 when playing the fuel game, I really don't know for sure how it measures up in weight to the shakers, kw's or other brands.

11. carterbeauford

carterbeauford Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2009
    northwestern PA
    TMC's problem is not the square shape or weight of their trucks folks...

my shortnose and trailer weigh 30,500 empty, rarely, if ever do I haul close to gross anymore. hell I just had a 1500lb load last week.

my point is that I am having an extremely hard time taking this company seriously, they have little credibility with their attitude "we are the awesomest trucking company in the world and better than everyone on the road even though in the last year we basically turned into a driver mill that can hardly pay a living wage but it doesn't matter because our trucks are so awesommmme! here, run 700 miles for $110, you'll look good doing it, TMC RULZ!!!!"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.