Lattimore materials corporation. shoot the messenger!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Clipboard, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Clipboard

Clipboard Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Ladies and Gentlemen. There is another thread on this site that tells drivers to come to Texas and work in the oil and gas industry. . Anyway now that I have vented . I've been In ready mix for about 25 years this is the way it is. I hired on a L.M.C. about four months ago. If any of you have read my earlier post you may be able to follow along. I was pretty much run off from a ready mix joint because I refused to drive a truck that was red tagged by the state highway patrol because bad steering tire. Then I applied at L.M.C. I made it very clear to Lattimore materials that I would not drive junk equipment. So anyway they said they had good equipment and hired me. During my 4 months of employment there I put up with more totally asinine company policies than I have ever seen. "I swear" For a at least a month I wrote up that the mixer truck that I was driving had a rear bad throttle control. which is a pain in the ### because I would have to run from the back of the truck to the cab to run the throttle up and down. Anyway one afternoon I was waiting to load and saw some bare wires laying on the frame rail. Being fairly mechanically inclined I climbed on the fender pulled a muscle.BIG DEAL""" My doctor does not do workmans comp. they fired me. Insubordination.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Sorry that you lost your job trying to fix their equipment.. 1 question, if you wrote it up how long would it of taken for them to fix it?

4. Clipboard

Clipboard Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I Have warned all of you!!!

I really don't know. I drove around with a left front slack adjuster that would back off for about 3 weeks. When we had a safety meeting I had to say twice that the mechanic needs to sign off on my post trip that the equipment has been repaired. In other words the mechanic never signs off on anything.

That is how they cover there ###. Dick### is Part of the system and he has buddies so they let them slide. So like I said the next time a D.O.T. cop pulls you over "just Laugh":biggrin_25514::biggrin_25510:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  5. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    did you make decent money at lattimore?

6. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    I work for US concrete Alliance Hauler Division, I can say this, when ever my turck is in the shop they complain, but fix it anyway. I always tell them, that if it is safety or affects my pocketbook, it needs to be fixed. They can't ever say that I don't care about safety..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.