Launching in the morning!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hamsterrock74, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Hamsterrock74

Hamsterrock74 Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Marietta Ga
    To be out here is to also learn or be able to fix stuff or at least rig..My APU went out and was throwing engine fault on panel..It was like a knife stabbed through my heart..No APU no AC and this is bad..It happend Sunday and seems that once I called dispatch about it..The planner must have got wind of it and gave me 4 str8 days of runnin night.This of course ment sleeping during the day..Getting me into a terminal was precarius at best got a pre plan canceled that would have gotten me through Gary for instance.Got a load going to SC instead..Awsome!So drove all night and parked at 0800,went to sleep and like the 5 days preceding woke up in a pool of sweat..This is not only uncomfortable but dangerous..So took a look at the mother board and saw it was switching fine..fan worked and no leaks..My reset button was the problem,so I bypassed it and presto!APU works fine.The point here other then my Macgruber like genius..Is when out on the road crap is going to break and your not always going to have your company or if OO the money to fix..Roehl is a good company and they care about maintence and will try to get problems resolved but having said that I am at times hundreds of miles from a terminal..I think of myself as being in deep space and my rig is my ship..Home planet is far away and you need to be self reliant..get the problem solved..
    There are so many examples of this point..Trailer drama being the largest spot fixes youll do.Its either rig it or lose out on time and miles.

Wedge, 123456, vmaggs and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Last post in July?????

Hey Hamsterrock, time to check in.

Bump.....Bump.

4. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Bumpity bump...bump:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.