Lease onto a company

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Tebosqueezy, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Ronman105

Ronman105 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Do you know if CFI has a load board?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    No. They feed you one possible load at a time. You can decline the load and wait to hear back for something else. If you decline the first load, you risk not being paid deadhead to pick up the second. That being said, you can set up your preferences ahead of time; midwest only, no groceries, whatever. You risk downtime if you get too picky and have to wait. Fuel surcharge is calculated weekly from dot avg price. Fuel discounts are good, up to .75 per gallon. A few weeks ago was getting .90 off the pump price. Long story short your gross after fuel and insurance is 1.00/mile if you get good mpg. All tolls paid plus prepass. No problems routing you home but no unattended trailers, so park it at your house or secure lot. No hassles and the office people are adults. No games. Biggest issues signing on with any company is fuel economy and maintenance. Nobody is throwing buckets of money at you. I'm my own mechanic otherwise I'd be broke. I also don't have truck payments.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  4. Ronman105

Ronman105 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks for the info. Everything sounds decent but $1.00 per mile really doesn't cut it. For newer O/O's that rate is just scary, especially when it would take so long to build their reserves.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.