Lease or lease to own?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Diego1995, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The website has "2 yrs. experience required", so they must be hurting for drivers.
    .55 cpm isn't good pay for a 1099 driver.
    It's odd the company is named W2, but pays 1099.

Diego1995 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Do not do a 1099 job. Like Chinatown said, .55 a mile is cheap for a 1099 job. You do not have enough experience to know what your getting yourself into with a 1099 job.

No benefits.

No taxes withheld.

No Social Security

Not eligible for unemployment

No rights as an employee under state labor laws.

Go work for a legitimate tanker outfit that will train you, has multiple divisions ( food grade, chemical, Bulk) stay with them for at least one year, then revisit your dream.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    Diego1995 Thanks this.
  4. Oakland Raiders Forever

Oakland Raiders Forever Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2020
    True
    I was worried I didn’t emphasize enough that he should not lease purchase

Diego1995 Thanks this.
  5. Diego1995

Diego1995 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2020
    I appreciate everyone who replied , since ford needs 1 year of experience i couldnt do it, does any anybody know how much experience cc cob requires ? I called no answer. Left a message, it seems that most tanker companies require 1 year , looks like im gonna have to stay on dry vans anf reefers for another 6 months.

6. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Use this time to improve your skills and make yourself desirable by any employer. Be safe, Be on time, Be professional. Watch, listen and learn.

Talk to drivers from different companies as you meet them and keep notes in a notebook. Develop a scoring system.

Check out their Facebook pages and other groups in social media.

Tanker Trucking Companies in the US

Diego1995 Thanks this.
  7. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Do not work for a company as a company driver being paid 1099 it is illegal. they are just trying to get out of paying their part of your taxes and all the other benefits that you're supposed to get as a company employee. If you don't believe me look it up.

Diego1995 Thanks this.
  8. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    55 CPM on 1099 is complete crap.

The employer is responsible for paying 1/2 of your payroll taxes ie; 1/2 your social security and Medicare which is an additional 8.3% of your pay that you will pay in taxes.

Also go to the health insurance exchange in your state and price health insurance based on the 55 cpm income.

Any driver with experience and a clean driving record getting less than $0.95 cpm on 1099 is getting ripped off.

Diego1995 Thanks this.
  9. Diego1995

Diego1995 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2020
    Ahhh i see i didnt know that thanks

nofreetime Thanks this.
  10. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I am certain you can have some person at a truck stop do this so you know what to expect after the experience will feel like after, to feel the sensation ask a fellow driver kick you in the groin ask your self do you really like this if you do you have issues otherwise run from the offer. If you don't buy this keep scanning post on forums of other drivers who fell for the trick see what happened.

If you love trucking save a giant payment take a loan from a bank small one and while I disagree becoming O/O even this method you will still save yourself the headache of what they will put you through. Most people think because I take days off trucking the payment request stop they don't you pay it upon the contract and normally weekly payments. They won't care if you are sick either. If you take this route most likely you will hate it a lot will fail trying this rather they last 1 year or 7 years when you broke you are broke.

11. Cinderella Man

Cinderella Man Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2018
    Alabama
    Forget the current crisis going on around the country for a minute.

You need more experience on the road. 6 months isn't enough to jump into any aspect other than being a company driver. Learn the game by being a company man and keep your safety record clean.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.