Leaving for Averitt Express Orientation

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by KPR76, Sep 17, 2015.

1. KPR76

KPR76 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Hello everyone out there driving or have driven those shiny red Averitt Express trucks!!! Do you have any helpful advice for a new driver joining the Averitt team??? I'm scheduled to start this Sunday.

Thanks,

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you.

4. MichiganOutLaw

MichiganOutLaw Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Michigan
    Communication on QualComm, it's logged
    Enjoy!

You can access the podcast with iTunes
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/averitt-truckload-podcast/id1022060944?mt=2

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  5. Samdaman

Samdaman Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    NC
    I'm also going to orientation this week, but my recruiter called me yesterday, Friday, to tell me that I gotta be at the clarion on Sunday. He got my uniform sizes and went through the preliminaries with me. He said I would receive a packet but my question is, was the packet sent overnight to my house? Do I leave on Sunday even if the packet has not arrived?..what's in the packet?...I guess I had a few questions.
    It's Saturday so I can't reach my recruiter to ask these questions. I'm driving from eastern NC to TN and I hope to have a spot in orientation on Monday morning.

6. MichiganOutLaw

Jan 15, 2008
    Michigan
    check your email, you could also call the hotel to see if they have your information in the system.

Samdaman Thanks this.
  7. Samdaman

Samdaman Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    NC
    I called the hotel earlier but they said that they still haven't received the driver list, so I'm going to call after 3pm TN time.
    I also called the main number at Averitt and they were going to check with the lady who sends out the packets to see if my packet was sent out. I am expecting a call back soon.
    Thanks MichiganOutLaw.

8. MichiganOutLaw

Jan 15, 2008
    Michigan

keep checking your email, spam folders etc. it should be sent to your email and not to your house. When you get it I would recommend printing it and taking it with you.

Samdaman Thanks this.
  9. Samdaman

Samdaman Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    NC
    I called the hotel again and they said that a package with my name is there waiting for me. I guess that confirms it. I leave tomorrow morning for the hotel, I got a 9 hr drive ahead of me. Thank you for your help!

10. MichiganOutLaw

Jan 15, 2008
    Michigan
    Your welcome and good luck,

Drive safe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.