Leaving Friday to start orientation on 2/25!

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by JohnP651, Feb 18, 2013.

1. huckstah

huckstah Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    I gotta ticket in Lynnwood for no insurance, and it's all online now. You can even pay it online, which is really freaking convenient if you have a debit or credit card. Like you, I didn't know I got a ticket either. I got the notice about 10 later in the mail and it told me my court date, and had links to the website if I wanted to pay it off and avoid court. Lynnwood cops are just bored, and so they spend all day entertaining themselves by being ########## and pulling over people for the dumbest reasons. I lived in Bellingham, and we have a few bad cops, but atleast our cops are usually too busy to waste time pulling people over for crap like going 6 miles above the speed limit, or not wearing a seat belt, etc etc. Lynnwood cops also love to find ANY REASON to search your car, whether they have reasonable suspicion or not. I've had my car completely searched twice, and both times it was just me and my girlfriend going to the market. First time I was having no tag, second time was not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign...and both times the cop searched my vehicle. Trust me, if you look young and out-going (and especially if you have long-hair), get ready for a couple of officers to rummage through your personal belongings if you get pulled over in lynnwood.On this subject, I remember that I may have gotten a speeding ticket in Mississippi 3 or 4 years ago and I didn't mention it to Central. I told them about my other tickets, but that one slipped my mind and I didn't think about it until just now when I was reading that last post. I wonder if I should call my recruiter and tell her just so i can be upfront and honest about things.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Side Box

Side Box Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern AZ
    Im considering goin on the 3rd of March, but trying to narrrow it down

4. huckstah

huckstah Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    I know there is an opening in Conley, GA on March 18th, but that's only for recruits in the east/southeast I think. The recruiter will usually try to get you on a bus within 1 or 2 weeks once when you apply, but that was too much of a hurry for me. I'm thinking about re-scheduling mine for a week or two later. It's a really big decision and I'm really starting to realize how BIG of a leap this actually is. Once I realized there's a 70-80% wash-out rate among new applicants, I feel it's better to take the time and make sure you got all your ducks in a row before going there. I'm going to be spending the next few weeks studying CDL and Air-Brake guides, making sure my references and work history is PERFECT, and mentally preparing myself for the fast-paced rat race that is about to become. And also, most importantly, I'll be TALKing TO OTHER DRIVERS so I know exactly what to expect.

123456 and Lady K Thank this.
  5. JohnP651

JohnP651 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Huntington, West Virginia
    Well do to the crazy ice storm i got set back a week. So ill be leaving on the 1st of march and will be attending the march 3rd training. Ill be in salt lake sun at 11am

6. Side Box

Side Box Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern AZ
    I had some one last night tell me to stay away from them due to a huge class action suit, I havent found it yet but will post if I do

7. TB-Rays

TB-Rays Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2013
    St Petersburg, FL
    I had some one last night tell me to stay away from them due to a huge class action suit, I havent found it yet but will post if I do

Class Action against who?

8. JohnP651

JohnP651 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Huntington, West Virginia
    It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Most big well established companies usually are being sued for one ridiculous thing or another. I do however intend on keeping an update on my experience

Side Box and jomar68 Thank this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

The class action is regarding contractor vs employee status... Nothing in there about company drivers.

Side Box Thanks this.
  10. MWise

MWise Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Spring Hill, Fl
    Any updates? I will be heading to Conley, starting the week if the 25th...I have my CDL...But came off the rood 15 years ago..Now going back on now the kids are gone...lol....Wife will be going with me...Not driving...Will not be driving. will not able to sleep....:biggrin_25523:

Thanks
    Matt

jomar68 Thanks this.
  11. jomar68

jomar68 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Ferndale,Wa
    did you need a refresher class to get on with central?:biggrin_2554:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.