Let us not forget those working the truck stops!

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Lennythedriver, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Think of your daughters and your mothers because that’s the type of person working in the different loves and pilots etc...they are still willing to stick it out and go in so that we can get our coffee and hopefully still get showers. Although I think that stuffs going to come to an end pretty soon. ) I cringe when I see some young girl probably working her first job for probably $10 bucks an hour behind the counter waiting on hundreds of truck drivers a day passing through all over the country and you know she’s being exposed to this virus. Or the sweet old lady who probably is too old to get this virus and do ok with it... And she tells me to, “have a blessed day” as she checks me out. We need these places to remain open so we can keep hauling needed goods. Just like us, they should be thanked!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    True. Most seem like it’s just another day. Been nice in TX this past week

86scotty, 650cat425, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  4. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    The day I can’t get a shower or use the restroom at a truck stop is the day I go home to wait this out. Think about it. Everyone is preaching clean and sanitary. Nuff said.

5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I’ve really analyzed the entire scenario here. When I go in and out of the truck stops I consciously say to myself “don’t touch your freaking face”. When I get back to my truck I am mediately soak my hands in sanitizer and if I purchase anything I also spray it down to before I open it. That said, showers are a whole different ball game. I’ve been saying all along I think for us truckers that’s probably where we’re going to pick up this virus. Going into use the shower.

6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Your dead right about that.
    They can close the whole place as far as I'm concerned.
    I just need fuel and a shower.
    I can live off of canned food,bologna and cheese
    And cereal, till this madness blows over.

JonJon78, 86scotty, 650cat425 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    This is why I said in another topic those of us who are not hauling essential freight should seriously sit this one out.. Those cashiers need their jobs just like you need to run but more importantly those truck stops need to remain open for the guys running essential freight...

It's not the right thing to do, to put those people in extra danger just because you choose to stay on the road. Rand Paul is perfect example of why we should all be taking this seriously. He was asymptomatic but still tested positive. He continued to work and now think of those people who will now be in self quarantine or come down with it because he didn't stay home...

So think about that in relation to a truck stop.. one of those cashiers gets it, how many of the other employees will have to go into quarantine? Will they have to shut down the truck stop because not 1 but 2 or 3 employees got it...

All of us should be thinking in the mindset that we are exposed and possibly have it. If you knew you had it, would you continue to stay working and exposing people?

Guys for the good of the country and the economy and those truck stop cashiers if you are not needed out there for essential freight sit this out for a bit... We need those truck stops open for the guys hauling food, medical supplies and the mission critical stuff.. Not us guys carrying office supplies, cars, construction stuff ect..ect....

There will not be a econemy if we don't beat this stuff...we can't beat it if everyone goes on as normal thinking they aren't the problem....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    650cat425 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  8. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

Ok, but now think of it this way... Say you have it and are asymptomatic meaning you are showing no signs of it but are still contagious. How many things do you touch in that Truck stop that you can contaminate and then possibly infect someone else?

You can't just look at protecting yourself, you have to be thinking like you have it and are trying not to give it to someone else.. Are the loads you are carrying worth the risk, that it might be you who is spreading it to others?

I don't know what you haul, if its food, medical supplies or other must have items then so be it. But if you arent hauling that kinda stuff, is it worth the risk that you can possibly infect 2 more people and those 2 people can infect 2 more people? It's RO2.5 to 3 if Im not mistaken... So on average every infected person infects 2.5-3 more people and that chain of transmission continues untill people stay home or it runs its course...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  9. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    hope all this virus stuff stops soon. its really hurting peoples jobs bad. thks for all yall are doing. at the end of the day. we all have the same job

Lite bug, LoSt_AgAiN and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So I would ask, what are non-essential loads?

One may give a list of things deemed essential, but what about all the support items that make that essential load possible? That could involve hundreds of loads that might be considered unessential, because it includes all the ingredients and parts for the products, everything needed to keep the trucks running, even pallets.

And it includes people working at the truck stops to support our own effort.
    Which I very much appreciate.
    Everyone should be sure to leave a decent tip for those shower attendants. We depend on them to provide a sanitary shower for us, and we should show it with our pocketbook.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.