LIARS and CONS!!! JUNK TRUCKS and BAD MANAGEMENT!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by PISSED OFF WIFE!!, Jun 11, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    DEF trucks are saaawwwweeettt!!!! Especially when they derate down to 55 mph because the stupid doser valve is clogged. 55 mph, Elogs, and multi stop 550-600 miles equals stress-free trucking if ever there was such a thing.

snowlauncher, DTP, MACK E-6 and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    And many truckers fit this bill!!!

Warrior Cat Thanks this.
  4. OmcCheese

OmcCheese Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Colorado springs, Co
    I wonder if OP's ever go back and read their posts...

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    @shogun

Should be lucky it only derated to 55mph;
    the brand new Maxxforce Prostar we had some years ago derated to 5....not 50, not 45, just 5mph.

This was on a freeway both times & happened 2wice within a 2 week period; once in Atlanta on i285...

No warnings, no grace period; just complete uselessness in the blink of an eye.

Love to meet the genius that programmed that parameter into the "safety protocols."

6. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I'd go straight to the speed sensor on the tailshaft and unplug it. Then it would run normal speed again or even faster.

archangelic peon Thanks this.
  7. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    I know of a guy that got killed because of that, three trucks running too close together and the front one derated the middle one ended up buying the farm. I saw the truck after the fact and asked what had happened.

MACK E-6, archangelic peon and shogun Thank this.
  8. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    That term is very overused. Most families are dysfunctional. Treat me professionally. I would prefer that.

9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Until it’s safe, we think you should suddenly go 5mph! Lol

shogun and archangelic peon Thank this.
  10. jodyj54

jodyj54 Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2018
    The first problem I see here is that 34 cents is about 25 year ago pay, and that should be a warning light first thing that this company is not right.

Secondly, after reading more replies, I not only ask the basic quesitons on mileage, equipment, and hometime, but ask about how they will get me home when I leave their company, detention after 1 hour-not 2, what kind of freight they haul, where they run to, any witholding pay, what they pay for sweeping-out trailers, and then tell them what I won't do. When a company tells you they give put you on 30 days probation; say "thank you,because I am only giving you 2 weeks". If they want you bad enough, you can get what you want. If they can't answer those questions and answer them favorably in your interest, just say no thanks and move on. Lastly, remember its a two way street, and you don't need them-they need you.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  11. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.