License issues

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Trunkmate511, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Trunkmate511

Trunkmate511 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2018
    Ok sounds good I mean the worst thing that can happen is I have to go back over the road for a few months while I find another home Daily job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. b61mack

b61mack Light Load Member

May 18, 2010
    port murray nj
    If you took care of it before 30 days. It's not a problem... after 30 days on suspension. You will have to explain it.

4. bigmotor1212

bigmotor1212 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Some of this isn't adding up. Around here, a ticket from a state trooper for a non-moving violation rarely happens. Those come from the city or county, normally. You should have had a chance to appear in court. If you didn't show, you get a failure to appear charge and usually a warrant. That would fall under license revocation, in which you'd be served papers informing you, that it had been revoked. I'd go to the jurisdiction that holds the complaint, with your ticket and try to have someone explain to you what happened and go from there. Or go talk to a lawyer. Even if you get a new job, and your file just hasn't been disposed, and that shows up after starting with a new company, you'll be fired and may have some legal issues for not stating it on your application. I know the laws might be different in your state, but still you shouldn't have gotten a suspension within two weeks of a citation over a non-moving violation.

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

When you get a ticket, dealing with it is about the most important thing on your schedule until it's taken care of. I do not understand so many people getting tickets and they'll get around to it when there's nothing on TV, they have extra money laying around, the location to do something with it is convenient, etc., etc.. Maybe I just have an unnatural desire to not go to jail. I've seen working drivers arrested and tossed in jail because of a suspended license they knew nothing about until they were handcuffed. I'm too pretty to go to jail, so I don't get tickets and if I did it would be paid by the end of the next day, not given to someone else to handle.

6. Trunkmate511

Jun 22, 2018
    I'm starting to think the license wast actually suspended I think it would have gotten suspended had I done nothing. I got a traffic cam ticket in my car last year same place right around my work sent them a check probably within a month which they accepted. Also there's also nothing on my abstract for that either. I think or my theory is that there was some kind of hold on it until I paid it not an actual suspension. My second theory is that non point violations on your license that you didn't sign for don't Don't show up on your abstract for some reason. I've called several places trying to figure this out and they said if the violation happened yesterday it should be on my driving abstract. I'm going to have a official one printed out Monday and go from there. I'm starting to think the little town that I got these violations in did not report them to the dmv.

7. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I wouldn’t worry about it. I drove with an expired license for one whole day (*gasp!*) because the DMV couldn’t get me in for a hazmat renewal test until the day after the license expired. That was even with 3 month prior notice.
    If you play dumb and never say a word there is a chance they won’t find out about it since it’s not on your driving record as you say. I’d rather take the chance of getting fired if they find out instead of volunteering the information to get canned anyway.

8. Trunkmate511

Jun 22, 2018
    Guys thank you so much for all of your advice I really appreciate it been a stressful year so far. I'd hate to add unemployment to my list of things I've been struggling with.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you wanna talk struggling..??

i was at wally's world emporium earlier today.

i had a choice between the super king sized snickers bar and a milky way bar...

i could not decide....

so i bought a super king sized Mr. Goodbar instead...

snowwy and RustyBolt Thank this.
  10. Trunkmate511

Jun 22, 2018
    Lol I'll shave to try one been listening to Sirius XM all day liquid metal can't believe Vinnie Paul passed away. Huuuuge Metal fan Pantera and Metallica are why I play guitar.

11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    First go to DMV and get your printout.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.