Life at American Central Transport (ACT)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BigKid2, Apr 13, 2011.

1. twig

twig Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2013
    No worries az. I was out 338 days in 2012. It's a job yes, and life of sorts. Maybe 365 days would have made the difference. losttrucker, as i said, no worries. Pissin match over.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. azcardnlz

azcardnlz Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    My comment was intended to be a general statement about lease purchase and not directed at any one person. I should have said that. Looking back at it, it looks like I was trying to tell Twig what he did wrong, and that was not my intention. I have neither the information, nor the desire to do such a thing.

twig Thanks this.
  4. truckerim2055

truckerim2055 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Ochelata ok
    i talked to a driver that also was at the holiday inn during the snow storm. he helped me dig out a trl. i stayed at the liberty yard. they even bought everybody there pizza for lunch.

5. billyd

billyd Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Hi all. first post here after finally joining up. be around as a guest for quite awhile just reading things here and there. been a company guy for several years and have considered this lease purchase thing more than once. i met this twig guy on past saturday in balwin fl and had some time to talk with him. he seems like a nice enough guy and when i asked his opinion on this lease thing he basically directed me here and told me form my own opinions. he said everyone is different so what does or does not work for him may be the opposite for others so he wasn't going to say anything positive, or negative. that didn't give me much information since i've been following things here anyway, but i can apreciate his not wanting to lead me in any certain direction. i have read all the posts here and one the others for not only act, but other companies as well. from what i have read here, it's a big commitment for not very much gain starting out and i can understand why some don't make it.i know the "what was expected didn't pan out" thing very well, but it's trucking. not very often do things pan out as expected. fro the looks of his truck in florida i joked that he wasn't making any money because of spending it on truck washing. he admitted he spends too much on keeping it clean and looking nice, but it shows. very nice looking truck twig. beyond that, i might try it at some point, but i guess being a company driver for so long has made me "safe". really all i wanted to say it kudos to you guys that actually have the stones to try it, and for those of you that are making it work for you, even more.

BigKid2 and twig Thank this.
  6. jwjethro

jwjethro Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Hey BK, Just wanted to hear how your doing. I have been following the thread and am thinking of coming over to ACT. Still happy and getting the miles? I havent seen a breakdown on your pay lately just seeing if its still consistent even with eobr and all that? Just trying to figure out whats best for me. I am kinda leary to get back into lease purchase since trying it for 8 months with CRST Malone. Thanks for any info.

7. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    Delivered in Tyler,Tx then loaded in Ardmore,Ok going to Laurens,Sc for ASAP. Low on hours so it won't be too quick.

8. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    You have some pretty long deadheads sometimes. Do they pay the same as loaded, and is there any FSC on them?

9. BlackLions

BlackLions Road Train Member

Loaded $1.00
    Empty $.90
    FSC same on both ($.48 lately)

;)

10. jwjethro

jwjethro Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2013
    I have been trying to get ahold of ACT for 3 days and nobody answers. Trying to check on my app. i put in. Any idea whats going on?

11. azcardnlz

azcardnlz Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have done the program at Malone and I'm doing this one at ACT there's no comparison. This one is better for me in every respect. None are perfect, ACT included. There are better ways to own a truck. But this is the best path I've found for me. Who did you speak to in recruiting?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.