Life at USA is about ready to change big time!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by WVroadtrucker1965, Apr 15, 2013.

1. WVroadtrucker1965

WVroadtrucker1965 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2010
    New Martinsville, WV
    As the title says yes it is for the good or the bad? Who knows? Depends on you! Do you like to be told where to fuel how much fuel you will take on, and what route you will take? If you are saying this is another i heard it through the grape vine thing no its true and I am in the fleet that this is being used on as a pilot program it has been in place for 2 weeks now! It is a freaking joke! This is how it works when you are sent for you to confrim the load they send u reply back yes then they send the load you respond right away to the load header even if you are not leaving for there right at the moment! then they send you back what they call fuel solution and mile solution the fuel tells you were you are to stop to get fuel and how much to get and the mile is telling you what route to go! Let me say it sucks in the 2 weeks i have had to get out of network fuel 5 times! So looks like we are going to be like swift warner jb hunt! They are saying this can save the company $300,000 a month on fuel i said ya so they can spend that on all the accidents they have everyday!
    Just thought i would post this to warn other drivers as to whats comming down the pike! No need for a GPS and just hope the route they send is correct for trucks they use goggle maps

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    Gotta love a company that micro manages the drivers like that.

4. carrkool

carrkool Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2012
    adah, pa
    when I drove for decker they did that crap and it sucked. I fuel 7 times in one shift 7 times.....I spent more time in fuel lines than driving....at the end of the day I had 5 hours driving and 14 hours on duty not driving since I was so pissed that I had 7 fuel stops that day I let my e log run the whole time....now I am on my own and loving it...

EZX1100 Thanks this.
  5. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    If your a company driver you gotta remember who owns the truck.

flood, drvrtech77 and Woopigsooie Thank this.
  6. WVroadtrucker1965

WVroadtrucker1965 Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2010
    New Martinsville, WV
    thats all that it comes down too! I have expressed my opinion to my fm saying how this is not going to work even asked whats going to happen if we fuel out of the what was sent are we going to get in trouble? If we go a diffrent way then what is sent are we going to be charged for every mile out of route? The answer i got was can not confrim or denie!

7. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    They own the trk, but would they make you take that many fuel stops if they paid you for your time at the fuel stops..They could save lots of money if they didnt pay us at all..

8. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    I work here because I'm not treated like a child and led by the hand whereever I go. Its their right to change that and as an adult my right to go work elsewhere. And I will when this gets to me. Get rid of the bums in fuel economy that are making poor decisions lately and get someone that knows what they are doing and we will return to being a profitable company.

9. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    It is very unusual for a company to have a truck stop 7 times in one trip. I wonder if the computer on the other end was messed up. Most generally the route solution is figured for the least miles, they don't look at if it is on cowtrails where you have to spend more money on braking vs interstate with a more constant speed and little braking. The fuel is figured on the fuel they figure you will need and then they go to the lowest payout stations on your route, or if they have a contract to get x amount of fuel from a T/s and haven't fulfilled that commitment then you are sent there. Most generally the fuel is on the route of the route solution sent. There are times though that because of the load, mountains, driver, wind, etc, you may use more fuel than planned; that is when you request most generally another fuel up of x amount of gals, hopefully they will do so. There has been a time or too in the past when husband drove for US X that he had to have a fuel up at a station who did not take the cards he had, this is where comcheck came in handy, it is usually only good for 50gals, just enough hopefully to get you to a place that has the stations company uses. It is the name of the game on fuel savings and kickbacks, fuel rebates, whatever that entice a company to get fuel from x vs y at that time. He has seen a whole lot of small places that he has to get fuel from now that most generally he would not have gone to in the past, this is with a different company now of course.

10. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I'm a company driver. My truck is fueled when I get to work. It is also cleaned. Windshield washed. I sleep in my own bed. I use my own shower. I eat my own food. I'm happy. It is also washed on weekends. :biggrin_25525:

11. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    WVroadtrucker I am on the same test program been on it for a week.Its not really a big issue as far as I can see.The places they have selected me to fuel are along my route from point A to point B.It tells you what the optimal amount of gallons is that you should need at each fuel location,not how many gallons you can get or not get,you are still allowed to use fuel stops in the fuel book as needed.It does not tell you that you have to take a certain route.You may have been given some bad info or are totally misunderstanding the pilot program that they are testing

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.