Life gave me lemons, grinding to save for cdl school. advice needed

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Capi, May 21, 2019.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    CTI, Inc has paid apprentice positions open if you get your CDL anywhere, nearest you would be Clarkdale. They could send you out of town for training and will arrange hotels.

If you go to Southwest School, Coastal accepts their students for entry-level fuel hauling out of PHX or Tucson.

You can try job services to see if they have a training grant for school.

Having a pilot attitude will help.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If you are unemployed or under-employed you may be eligible for a grant to pay for everything. EVERY CDL school will find someone to loan you money for a CDL school. Half of trucking companies will pay Tuition Reimbursement in addition to normal driving pay.

I strongly suggest you focus on finding the trucking company that fits your needs/goals and then see what option is best for getting your CDL. The company may provide it in return for 1 year of driving for them. Some companies even pay a small salary while you go to their school.

I should have stopped playing with airplanes years earlier. My pilot license, ratings, and A&P mechanic licenses and related degrees from Embry-Riddle did very little good for me. I doubled my pay by switching from flying to truck driving.

Gambosa Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.