Lily transportation teaming

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Jamestuc80, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Jamestuc80

Jamestuc80 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Brother and I are teaming so far it’s week 4 for us. I’m new to this company and he’s a rehire his last team ditched him. So far it’s good, east and west runs. We live in VA our week will start with a pickup somewhere east and will take a load to CA and usually bring a produce load back so far it’s been going to stop and shop in MA. So far the con here is all repairs done with Ryder.

Lonesome, Speed_Drums and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i worked years ago for Lily...i liked the job...but then i left and glad i did, as Lily sold out the truck ownership/shops to Ryder, and concentrated only on personnel.

Ryder ain't that bad, my last employer leased our trucks through Ryder, took really great care of our trucks.

Speed_Drums and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Jamestuc80

Jamestuc80 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Yeah well Ryder does suck ###, we had issues with our def took us 7 ryder shop everyone refused to do anything more than clear codes. We finally got to one Ryder he was an old timer he actually went and looked.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    most likely, many of the shops did not have an experienced mechanic on duty at the time. Ryder, Penske, Ruan shops generally hired people out of the trade/tech schools, that pretty much only know how to drain the oil and refill.

like i said, my company and i, never had any issues.

6. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I had a buddy who used to drive for Lily out of ME... Something about hauling lab rats from one facility to the next. Interesting stuff there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted