Lipsey transportation Chattanooga Tn ????

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by exwallybulldawg, Nov 10, 2016.

1. exwallybulldawg

exwallybulldawg Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Commerce,Ga
    Anybody worked here? Looking for information on this company. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Me and @rollin coal hauled a lot of bottled water from Niagara plants around Southeast. Also they had Procter and Gamble account (toiler paper and paper towel). But they were loads from their brokerage, so I am assuming that's what their trucks haul too...

rollin coal Thanks this.
  4. 5speed

5speed Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2012
    I'd stay away. My cousin currently works here and says miles have been down for the last 3 months.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Go with Big G if you can. Ignore the experience on that page.

6. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    I've been with Lipsey Trucking for 1 1/2 years. They are small and young. About 2 1/2 years old and 65 trucks I think.
    They do haul some Lipsey Logistics freight, but also have their own accounts and utilise outside brokers at times.
    They rarely run West of 35 and no NYC or Canada. They are a mix of OTR and regional built around a few major customers.
    I don't know what the current starting pay is. I do know if your willing to stay out two or more weeks you get a higher mileage pay then every weekend home.
    They don't have a yard. Just an office in Chattanooga. All the trucks are on a national lease through Ryder & using Ryder's yards to swap loads or park a load of there is too much time between pickup and delivery. All the trailers are leased through a variety of different companies.
    All the trucks are 2015 and newer Cascadia's governed at 68-69. All have Eaton 10 speeds. Qualcom's elog. No dashcams. You can use your own if you want. All fuel is at Pilot/Flying J and you choose which one. They don't tell you where, when and how much to fuel. Orientation is 2 days with truck assignment on day 2 as long as your physical, drug test and employment verification is all back. The hang up has usually been someone had health issues delaying getting their med card.
    They are young and growing quickly and with that there has been some growing pains. The good thing is they are improving and seek driver input on how to be better.
    If you work hard for them, don't tear up the equipment, get broke stuff fixed, be on time, communicate respectfully, don't piss off the customers they will work just as hard for you. They asked me to cover a load that the dedicated guy couldn't. I agreed and delivered 570 miles from home on the Friday afternoon of a major holiday. They couldn't find a load out so they paid me to deadhead home. That's just one example of what they have done for me. They'll do things like that if you work hard, do your job and don't lie.
    They aren't perfect, but they are better than a lot.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.