List of Truck Stops - Free WI-FI Internet

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by hungrywolf, Jun 3, 2007.

1. MKshjjcarr

MKshjjcarr Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2011
    There is free wifi at the the new truckstop in Alexandria, MN at exit 100...It is called Pipeline and that is what you type in for acess there. If you go there, just say Harry Carr sent you there. It is also the new home for the Peterbult of Alexandia as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    NY - Jim's Truck Plaza I-90 x52E Buffalo NY

4. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    I am about to step into the 21st century I reckon by adding a laptop to my zero technology equipped truck. What size invertor will i need and where are the FREE wifi places in and/or around mainly the southeast please? Is there such a thing as an antenna for a wifi equipped laptop not unlike a cellphone external antenna?
    It seems as if all the free places listed are for you drivers that drive in the areas I have sworn off.
    Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations.

5. twiggs397

twiggs397 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2011
    The new service centres in Ontario have Wi-fi, for sure the ones at the Tilbury onroute Eastbound and Westbound and the eastbound one has a currency exchange too. That is the 401 Eastbound between exits 56 and 63 in Tilbury (about 45 minutes from the Detroit/Windsor Border) in Ontario Canada. Hope that helps.

6. wolverinetrucker

wolverinetrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2010
    detroit mi
    What this ancient article FAILS to mention is that half of these places require to you to get out of your ### out of your truck and go inside the building. What truck driver wants to do that? I want WIFI INSIDE my truck. I don't mind paying for it, if it isn't as lousy as T/A's WIFI. Someone should start a post of ALL truck stops/service plazas that offer WIFI...nevermind the tightwad truckers out there.

7. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I walked into a Denny's at a Flying J. Held up my i-phone and asked the manager if they have free wi-fi like McDonalds or Panera Bread. He said no, I said I am leaving, and I did.
    Do that enough times and they will get the message.

8. pumkindrvr

pumkindrvr Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Wyoming, Pa.
    Iowa 80 truck stop. Walcott. Use in truck. Good signal if you park in right spot. Best I found is right as you enter the parking lot, to the left.

9. mystic_vinyl

mystic_vinyl Bobtail Member

May 11, 2011
    Monroe, MI
    i think all truck stops should have free wi fi we're on the road all day its nice to be able to relax and play on the computer without haveing to spend our days pay on it

10. HDTriker

HDTriker Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Inver Grove Heights, MN
    Farris Truck Stop exit 35 on I-29 just south of St. Joe, MO has free wi-fi in the parking lot. Signal and speed are pretty good and they have decent food. I-80 exit 201 in Brooklyn, IA has a Kwik Trip with free wi-fi in the lot and also has a decent restaurant.

11. davenjeip

davenjeip Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Port Charlotte, Fl
    Whites in Raphine, Va (I-81 exit 205), but I was barely getting a signal in the truck near the fuel islands.

Liberty Truckstop on I-77 in WV, exit 170. Barely got a signal in the truck, but seemed to work great inside. Really nice strip club on property, if you need something other than internet to keep you occupied.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.