Live in PA and ran for Birmingham AL, ripped me off last ck

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by woodmon8, Mar 13, 2020.

  1. woodmon8

    woodmon8 Bobtail Member

    Sep 28, 2016
    Worked for Action Resources, gave 2 weeks notice , delivered truck, got written approval for all equipment owed and truck condition, all ok. They refused to give last ck, I live in pa filed civil action, won in court, SKM BAG Action Resources still refused to honor civil judgment,, any help or direction , anyone else have trouble with Action Resources
  2. x1Heavy

    x1Heavy Road Train Member

    Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You not only need a judgement but now proceed with a garnishment order to take a portion of their income until the losses you proved to the court at judgement is met. Probably serve their banking with that order and judgement. They will proceed to cut you a check probably. Or fight you.

    I don't know if you can do that against a company. You will need to get the Labor Board involved on this one. The weight of the state can squirt that lost money out of them to you quickly enough.

    This is Lawyer stuff you need to be with now. Not internet random thoughts that may or may not be of value to your particular case.
  3. baha

    baha Road Train Member

    Jul 25, 2013
    If you kept a copy of any of the pay ck they gave you the acc. num. and routing num. are printed on them, and you can pass that info to who ever you hire to zap the money out of their co. acc.
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Sirscrapntruckalot

    Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

    Posting here won't get your check. Lawyer or labor board will tho.

    Good luck.

    Sirscrapntruckalot - Holly Corona Batman!
    Flat Earth Trucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. woodmon8

    woodmon8 Bobtail Member

    Sep 28, 2016
    Thanks to all who read,, I know this is not proper legal form. I was hoping to find others. And also warning for other action resources potential drivers
  6. 062

    062 Road Train Member

    Oct 20, 2013
    You need to talk to a lawyer. If the judgement was awarded in the state the company is based in,then you should be able to file a lien against property owned by them. If it was awarded in Pennsylvania and the company is based in Alabama, then your chances are slim.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted