Living in Nevada

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Splenda, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Splenda

Splenda Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Essex County, NJ
    I will be relocating to northern Nevada in the near future, and I'd like to know if CRE would hire someone living in the Reno area. I see they have training in Salt Lake City, so that isn't too far.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Are you insane or just a glutton for punishment? Moving to Nevada AND going with CRE?

4. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Nevada is a great place. Lots of open space, and best of all no state income tax.
    Live in a smal town of 7,000 no walmart, no target,,,, those are only 10 miles from the house.

But for working CRE, i'm sorry. lol

Yes they will hire you.
    When i worked for them 5 years ago, i was living in Salt Lake City, then the wife got transfered to Lake Tahoe, and thus we moved.
    Fast forward, i'm with a much better company now, and still living in Carson Valley,NV
    The company i run for allows me to bring the tractor home after dropping the trailer in Stockton,Ca( the co. is looking for a fully fenced in secured drop lot in Reno, due to the amount of drivers we have in the area.)

5. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Ok, I will admit, Gardnerville is probably one of my favorite towns in Nevada.

6. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

Hey there. well i am an ex cre driver. Back in 2006 england got the walmart accnt out of sparks nevada. If you wanna be home more often even though cre is not a good place to work that account is not a bad one. I was called on to get it started back in 06. Then it paid you for 2500 miles guaranteed. If you ran less than 2500 you still get paid for 2500. If you ran over 2500 you would get paid for your over mileage as well. If you live in reno its not a bad get you will get by the house more often than otr. Most of the runs go to cali. some to vegas and arizona. The only bad thing is going up and down donner pass in the winter time. lol when its open keeps u one your toes. If thats what you want then go there. I wouldnt work for cre for n e other reason. P S dont lease if you want to run that deticated 2500 miles a week is not enuff to pay for your lease truck and take home a decent check. but its primarily a company driver account. GOOD LUCK

Splenda Thanks this.
  7. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA

That's why i bought a home there May 07:biggrin_25525::biggrin_25525:

8. road hypnosis

road hypnosis Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Salt Lake City, UT
    CR England will hire you out of Reno, it will definitely make it easier for you to get home living right on I-80. I also happen to know that driving for England isn't nearly like a lot of people on here try to make it out to be.

Splenda Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.