Loaded this beauty on Tues..

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by crocky, Mar 26, 2022.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Yeah, residential cars are mostly via Carvana or that type of deal, but you have to agree to drop the car at their doorstep so to speak. With that said I also do other stuff like small equipment such as tractors, skid steers or mini excavators, and oddly enough I've taken some of them into so very tight places.

I actually took an antique bulldozer from a dead-end road on a steep hill in Grass Valley Cali to Tennese on top of a mountain on a dead-end road.. It was interesting to say the least. Also, I just like the size of a hotshot setup because it's much more friendly to drive than going back to Semis. I'd say a single axle something like that one I posted is probably as big as I'd want to go. Otherwise might as well just go back to driving semis with a full semi trailer.

Anyway, my thought was, that if I did go this route would be to run a short single axle with one of those single axle air trailers. I think take3 makes them. The only reason I'd even want to go that route is that I'd rather just keep one truck and not have to sell it every 1.5 years.. My 5500 is already getting to the miles that I feel I need to sell it soon and I haven't even had it a year and a half. Granted it's been a great truck but I just don't like the idea of keeping a newer truck long-term and I honestly don't want to buy a new one every other year although maybe that's the smart thing, I dunno.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    rccarlson22 and 24kHotshot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019

Yeah I’d definitely have a spare on hand if I went to 19.5’s. I would find a 3.90 rear end to go with them to keep my mpg’s

4. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
  5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

I saw the auction listing but they didn't have a price on it.. Crazy isn't it? Certainly a rich guy toy.

6. GYPSY65

GYPSY65 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2012
    SW FLA
    I have an account with them and I’m able to get results when signed in

There were a couple others that also were in that same range

crocky Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.