Loan Mountain lease to own

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Keepontrucking2016, May 15, 2018.

1. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Ive had my Cascadia 7 months, low down payment and honestly, the overall price, purchase price plus financing was quite a bit cheaper there than anywhere else I looked. I boughtt used and have had some issues that weren't covered by the very limited warrantee that came with the truck, but most were not unexpected due to my doing due diligence and knowing that some of maintenance work was coming due ( I E the replacement of the DPF filters) Biggest problem I have with the place is the limited choice of trucks, I don't really care for the Cascadia but that's what I have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    30th year isnt great ether lol

4. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Got that right!

5. SeeSaw

SeeSaw Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Here’s my 2 cents. If someone starts their comment by saying “I’ve never dealt with them, but listen to me anyway”.... just skip to the next comment. I have dealt with LMT / Red Rock and have never had any problems with them. My truck was brand new, and it has tons of warranties. You can’t hold it against the lender if there’s a problem with the truck. You have to do your due diligence with any truck, and most importantly have a plan in place to deal with maintenance. Another thing I would recommend is that you shop around for insurance. Don’t use the insurance they offer you. It’s crap.

6. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    So here is my question, why would anybody want to buy a used worn out fleet truck and be saddled with all the expenses when they can just go to work for said fleet and drive the same truck?

7. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    And I would not take advice from someone who doesn't follow their own advice. (You didn't skip to the next comment). My comment was, and is still, accurate.

And I never said "but listen to me anyway". Don't twist other folks posts around in order to try making yourself look better.

8. Keepontrucking2016

Keepontrucking2016 Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Why would I want to work for some stupid mega company that pays u 35cpm no thanks I bought the truck from fleet and someone took care of it no engine problem the only problem I had was roof leak I line x it and all good pretty solid truck my next truck if I buy is going to be new

9. VolvoTerry

VolvoTerry Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Based out of Omaha,NE
    Keep in mind the money you pay in for over mileage is applied to the what is owed on the note. So while I have yet to run 66k in 6 months since acquiring my truck 4 years ago, it was never because of the over mileage fee.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.