Loblaw

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by meslippery, Jan 7, 2021.

1. meslippery

meslippery Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    They will take a big hit from the union rates that they have been getting and will now have to actually work for living.Now they need to get rid of all the lazy warehouse workers as well.

4. andrewsdad

andrewsdad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2016
    With the amount of trucking companies they have going in there doing deliveries direct to stores, why keep the trucks and drivers if someone else will do it cheaper? Not saying they're the best companies out there moving their freight, but unfortunately a victim of the race to the bottom.

5. jimbo47

jimbo47 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2013
    southern MB
    I hope the kin lazy dock drivers that spot trailers get canned , dropping other companies trailers so you can’t hook up unless you grease there palms to move your trailer to a “better” spot.

6. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    A co worker went there yesterday for a 3 pm delivery I jokingly told him to expect a long unload. He was empty in 45 minutes which really surprised me. I expected him to put up with union sympathy working slow . Maybe dock workers are worried about a full site closure or something .

7. Sether

Sether Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Ingersoll ON
    Be more work for the companies that are in and out of there now. Challenger used to do a lot of work for them before Scottlynn got in there, wonder if they'll work their way back in at loblaws.

8. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I heard somewhere Canada Cartage took it over but take that with a grain of salt for now.

9. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    I do a lot of Loblaws drops and deliveries, and they have been MUCH faster since November. I mean 6 hours to 45 mins faster. Something has definitely given them a wake up call.

10. Mikeli

Mikeli Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2020
    I think Canada Cartage took it over, I'm a new driver, and looking for a job in GTA, just got a call from Canada Cartage, doing road test on Thursday. They told me if i passed the test, I will do regional grocery deliveries. I think that would be Loblaws...

11. MACINC

MACINC Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2023
    Scotlynn does more then 60percent of the retail business for Loblaws.. Loblaws are a mother ####ers to work for.. I work for them since 2022.. most carriers don’t want to deal with them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.