Local Beverage Job Vs SNI Dedicated Dollar General

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by originaltonytrucker, Aug 7, 2013.

1. originaltonytrucker

originaltonytrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    WHICH ONE?

1. Local Beverage delivery Job (Budweiser, Pepsi, etc): pays 600 weekly...Home every night, weekends, major holidays off

2. SNI Dollar General Dedicated account: Reportedly pays 51,500 yearly including Stop pay and load pay, mon or Tues through Sat, 34 or 48 off, Weekends & Holidays are not guaranteed

I've been told that if I drive for either and drive a combination vehicle that I would be able to find local runs or LTL

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pullingtrucker

pullingtrucker Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    I would go after the local beverage gig. The pay sounds low from the start, but most local delivery jobs list the starting pay...whereas SNI (and many other companies) that do the dedicated accounts list the top out pay (which most drivers never come close to making). Also if the dedicated account slows down or closes you will be thrown into the OTR pool.

4. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    I would love to hear how long Pullingtrucker worked for SNI.

I made over 60k last year doing dedicated for Sni. All multiple drop runs and all. 50k is pretty easy to hit. If you are hauling for Dollar Feneral, you shouldn't have a problem. They put most of their freight on roll tainers and the trailers have lift gates on them. So you just roll them off. Unlike Family Dollar where it's a 100% floor load. People wash out of that quickly. I wouldn't touch that 600 dollar job. Just couldn't do it.

5. Glp

Glp Medium Load Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    Id take the beverage job, more of a normal schedule, and you will have more time to enjoy life in general

6. ACH1130

ACH1130 Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Land of far far away,
    I would take the beverage job as well. I like having my weekends off and you get all major holidays. Although I get weekends off most holidays we work, on major we have optional if we want to work or book off

7. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Take the beverage job. $600 a week is probably their starting wage. Besides, you can't put a price on daily home time.

8. pullingtrucker

pullingtrucker Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    I was leased to SNI for 10 months on the Choice program back in 2010. Had a lot of friends (o/o and company drivers) trying to run dedicated gigs. Neither group were making good money, but the schedules were predictable. Maybe the wages have went up in the past 2 years (last person I know running dedicated quit then). With what I know of SNI and how corporate treats dedicated operations and drivers I would not consider it a option.

9. Marksteven

Marksteven Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Bumble Fxxx
    Take the beverage job, get yourself in shape and buy a lower back brace. you will need it.

10. Vashaun75

Vashaun75 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    I did beverage work for 2 yrs until last year, the pay definetely doesn't match the work and in the beverage industry you work most holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas and this work takes a big toll on your body especially 1000 case days in 100 degree heat

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  11. Vashaun75

Vashaun75 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2012
    You right man that $600 is gross I know for a fact, none of those jobs are worth it not in my area anyway, and to add those jobs are commission based

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.