Local Beverage Job Vs SNI Dedicated Dollar General

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by originaltonytrucker, Aug 7, 2013.

1. IceCreator

IceCreator Medium Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Depends on if you know how to live within your means or not.

jamesgang Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kennydawgg

Kennydawgg Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2012
    plymouth, MN
    +1 to that.

I have worked OTR and currently I work for a beer distributor.

Yes its more work than OTR but the predictable schedule is worth it. most days are 9-10hrs and I get pd overtime. The crap about OTR is when you are working your 64th hour of the week you are still getting .40 a mile. Every company is different if you have the option to get in with a Miller/coors house that pays commission routes you are set. I live in Minneapolis and every beer company around here has route drivers making 55k+ not working weekends. There is one company where most drivers are over 70k working 45hr weeks. you will never get that working OTR.

I worked out of St. Cloud and started at $15/hr but the cost of housing is much lower up there. my 3 bedroom house was 80k where I have to pay 140k for the same thing here in the cities but I am making $21 down here.

Commision routes pay ~.30 case and $2.20 a keg with a base pay. Our company most routes are around 1800cs week in the winter and 2500+ in the summer. Bud, miller or coors houses have routes that are 2500 in the winter and 4000 in the summer but their base pay is less and they move more Cans which are less time consuming.

Overall its what you make of it. I like talking to the customers, seeing the cute girls working in the bars and stores and sleeping next to the girlfriend every night.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.