Local / Home Daily Job Advice

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by pypfm, Dec 27, 2019.

1. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Man I’m so spoiled with my local gig it’s not even funny.. we’re scheduled a rotating 4 day work week. The ways it falls we get 4 days off in a row every 3-4 weeks and about every month and a half we get 6 in a row and still get a full check. The most you will ever work In row by schedule is 5 days. But the average is 2-3.. overtime is available in abundance. In my first year I have 3 personal days and a weeks vacation time . They let us use vacay as personal days too instead of all at once. So I can extend long off periods or drop em on key days I want off.. I got a 25-30 min commute, but That’s the only negative I got.. “well you drive a bomb all day aren’t you scared?” If you respect it it respects you. My job does itself

Hazmat Cat, LtlAnonymous and dwells40 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Richierich76

Richierich76 Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Where is that sweet gig you speak of

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  4. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
  5. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    I make 60-65k hauling milk, as a former milk plant reciever I make 20-25k per year more driving milk tanker. I pay $710 for my mortgage, I've been married 16 years, and have two children. OTR makes little sense in my position. OTR can sour a marriage and a relationship with kids, I have those too. I'm also uninterested in paying a mortgage yet sleeping in a truck.

I enjoy being able to keep distance between myself and my boss. I do my job well, he doesn't bother me much. If your a constant screw up, he will be calling you.

Driving is way better then plant worker, but local is my fit.

Trucking is not a one size fits all occupation. You might have to start OTR, I did 3-4 months back in 2017.... but that was it for me.

Whatever someone chooses just be safe out there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.