Log Book Question

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by sal, Jun 2, 2013.

1. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Was wondering on these 1 Ton truck and trailers, do you log 15 min for fueling or just flag the stop ? Also do you have to pull into a Weigh station if the sign says no pick up's.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fisher guy

fisher guy Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Ocala Florida
    do u work outside of 100 air miles if u dont then u do NOT have to log at all as for scale houses if ur commercial then technically you have to pull in

sal Thanks this.
  4. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Yeah it's Cal to WI but I thought that if you fuel under 50 gal you could just flag it

5. RVTransporter

RVTransporter Light Load Member

May 26, 2012
    Goshen, Indiana
    I log at least 15 minutes for fueling. By the time you get off the highway, pump, pay and get back on the highway, you'll have used 15 minutes.

6. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    You log what it takes you.

double yellow Thanks this.
  7. fisher guy

fisher guy Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Ocala Florida
    ya 15 minutes works flagging attracts attention and if ur not 100% on logs the less attention the better

8. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Well I can't remember ever logging more than 15 min for fuel

9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    There is no rounding rules but every log compliance class I've been in when using paper logs you round off to the nearest 15 minutes. So actually any task 8 minutes and over requires a 15 minute block. There is nothing in the regulations pertaining to how many gallons you get or rounding time off. If it actually takes you just 5 minutes then you can do as the below FMCSA guidance says. One has to consider time waiting in line to pump and paying for the fuel can be time consuming which is part of the process. It's not an area of the day you want to shave down to nothing in case of an inspection or audit. I would give them 15 minutes fueling and a pti a day and everyone is happy.

That sign basically pertains to all pickups like a construction pickup that are clueless to the regulations. If you are pulling a trailer greater than 10,000 lbs GVWR you are a CMV subject to the regulations and must go in to be weighed.

sal and chimbotano Thank this.
  10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    You have to watch the signs before the scales because they are all different . If you're pulling a trailer most likely you need to pull in .
    When FEMA had RV haulers really busy some states didn't want them pulling in and backing the lines up .

11. Bigfoot_Trucking

Bigfoot_Trucking Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Harrison,Arkansas
    I have been told (no first hand knowledge) that CA does not want pickups (with truck bed, without bed your considered a tractor) in the scales. I would pull in and weigh. If they don't want you in there they will tell you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.