Logbooks Should Be Banned

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rob G, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Rob G

Rob G Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Alabama

Are you serious? less than 40 hours a week? Who do you drive for? And why are you still there? I'd starve.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I don't drive. Couldn't hack it.

4. otherhalftw

otherhalftw Insignificant Otter

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Actually...it was the log and HOS service rules he couldn't figure out....coloring books were his downfall as a child!:biggrin_2559:

Meltom Thanks this.
  5. Rob G

Rob G Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Alabama
    I don't know quite how to react to that. I don't how to skydive so I don't talk about it. I'll leave it at that I reckon. :biggrin_2556:

6. otherhalftw

Nov 18, 2008
    He doesn't drive NOW...he tried it, and admitted he didn't like it.

The experience of it was earned, so he has some experience to speak of.:biggrin_25514:

Maybe...just maybe....if some of the "bad drivers" would admit they aren't happy, then there would be the chance some of the problems we encounter could clear up a little?!

7. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Let's say I've never driven, does that make my point of view any less valid?

8. otherhalftw

Nov 18, 2008
    Only if it depended on experience to have the knowledge of the subject. In this case....the rules and regs are a public document....just because you never had to use a log book doesn't mean you can't comment on the rules themselves!:biggrin_2558:

What about the local drivers who punch a time clock just like a factory worker?

9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    That's the point exactly. Drivers should make what they make now on 40 hours a week. Then there would be no problems. Society and the industry don't want to pay for it. So they come up with paying by the mile to regulate expenses. Then truckers back in the earlier days were taking all kinds of speed staying up for 3-4 days at a time. Then they come up with the logbook idea to regulate the hours driving because they didn't have drug test. We evolved to where we are now and we'll keep evolving. All because of money and greed.

10. Jordon

Jordon Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Understand who it is that is running the company. No one with a college education walks out the doors of a University and says to themselves: "I think I'm going to start a trucking company." If they're running a trucking company and went to college, they didn't walk out with a degree. The average trucking company in the US operates at about a 96-97% operating ratio, which basically means that if one small thing goes wrong with any one trip, that trip has lost money. Usually it's ex-drivers that are running the company and they're telling non-educated non-drivers what to tell the drivers. They're not interested in education. The big guys are a little different story. They're not the average trucking company.

11. Heirforce1

Heirforce1 Medium Load Member

May 16, 2011
    The Windy City
    With the exp drivers running a company or least at input level one would think that companies would be a little more driver focused. It would be a shame to think that exp drivers wouldn't be willing to tell their broker agents not to suggest 1.00 p/m backhaul rates or thinking O/O's can function on less than 1.60 p/m, or allowing drivers to drive piece crap equipment. I can understand that they can hide under the guise of not being a trucker or having a college degree but what does it take for common sense. I think we need to do like the late Bernie Mac (in the movie Head of State) and walk around slapping the sense back into these companies and make them remember who drives profit and America!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted