Lone Mountain Truck....financing ????

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by MNdriver, Apr 1, 2012.

1. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I dont disagree at all. That is awesome for idle hours with full papers!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mrktwiz

mrktwiz Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Ben Lomond, CA
    I used to drive for a guy that bought a Volvo from Lone Mountain (rip-offs so you know where this is going), we didn't even make it back to our home base in Cali before it broke down, had to hire a Lawyer to ENFORCE LM to cover it's own warranty.

I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.

crzyjarmans Thanks this.
  4. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    what what was the breakdown...?

5. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I love all the stories about truck dealers. "the used truck they sold me, that I did not fully inspect broke down on me. It's all XYZ dealers fault!!!"
    Attn wannabe o/o:
    1. Trucks break, even brand new ones with 1,000 miles. Why would you think a truck with 500,000 wouldn't? It will be a constant battle until you stop owning one between time, money, urgency, and whether it's worth repairing. I've personally seen a crankshaft break on Detroit rebuilt crate motor with less than 10,000 miles on it. The dealer is no more responsible than your wife if the truck breaks down, if the problem didn't surface before you bought it.
    2. When trucks break, your payments don't stop! Be prepared.
    3. Inspect that truck!! Inspect that truck!! Inspect that truck!! Oil samples, dyno, pro mechanic coming out and going over it with a fine tooth comb if you don't have the ability! Go to the dealer with the VIN, offer to order a pizza and get the warranty records on the truck.
    4. In general, aftermarket truck warranties are rarely worth the paper they're written on. Slightly better odds than blackjack in getting a paid claim, but only slightly.

precisionpower, flood, CellNet and 3 others Thank this.
  6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    very very well said

add #5 call the company (fleet) that had it and ask their breakdown dept about it's repairs (some will tell you)

we had a team get a NEW truck with 45 miles on it hook to a empty trailer go 3 bolcks to the freeway onramp and blow a turbo.....!!!! she walked back he waited for the tow.

lone mountain WANTS YOU to take it someplace else to have it checked on dynoed (it's in the paperwork you sign) i did all of that and we just put 200k on the truck (has 700k on it now). have we had breakdowns yes but nothing we couldn't cover out of pocket. the only real suprise was when the cluch went out 12k after we got it (i had it checked 40% left) it didn't wereout it cracked and broke a spring.

i had real money (not credit cards) to cover it and have never been 1 day late on a payment (i have 4-5 payments in the bank at all times)

7. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Flood, do you have a USX 780? My friend has bought three and all needed clutches. Luckily, his third truck had it replaced right before it was turned in per Volvo. His last two 780's were from Lone Mountain

8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    yup

thats why i had it checked because i know THAT clutch is the most expensive to replace

9. truckercummins

truckercummins Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2012
    buyer beware i got an 08 volvo thru lone mtn lease.i got it on 7-3-12 and by 8 -13-12 i,m putting on and a/c compressor in texarkana,ar 658.dollars, then the truck starts turning codes,check engine light on,so i calling them eric i m thinking was the guys name was tells me you re on your own.so i make it down to laurel,ms then over to calvert,al loading for nogales,az then get loaded out of there going up thru amarillo,tx having the truck checked out by cummins dealer they tell me the turbo was about to fall off,one nut gone 3 was loose,so after getting that fix 760.00 then leving there my a/c goes out again so i make in up too lafayette,in lay over there the weekend then over to get the a/c fixed again for 880.00.They sell junk trucks i have 41 more month hoping to make it but i ,m thinking the bankruptcy before this is all over

10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    turbo about to fall off sounds like someone isn't doing their pre trip.. was the a/c working when you got the truck.....???

realy how would they know the a/c was going to go bad 40 + days AFTER YOU GOT IT...?

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  11. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Does Lone mountain except trades???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.