Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by gulfinc, Mar 1, 2011.

1. JustAnotherJarhead

JustAnotherJarhead Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    North West Indiana
    i asked for one and waited till one "came back". There are two in Tifton right now. One is ready on the lot and the other was sitting in the back in line to be freshened up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roofer

roofer Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2011
    That seems like alot for an 05 columbia

4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I ran the numbers on it and it comes out to about 13% interest rate if you were to go to a bank or finance company and get a loan for the same term.

So it's not really out of the ball park. Especially for a business loan.

windsmith Thanks this.
  5. US MARINE

US MARINE Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    11-15% is the norm on most business loans depending on

Credit worth
    Time in the field

6. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    so , jarhead, you are saying that your experience was more like most at lone mountain,

i guess, lol, they pick some people at random to treat bad, lol.

glad to hear it worked out for you

7. Jackal

Jackal Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Carlisle Pa.
    My 2 cents. I got my truck from Loan mountain 4 weeks ago and have no issues what so ever. From the beginning of the process till the end I was very pleased with them the people are very nice and helpfull. I flew in from Pa and they even picked me up at the airport on their own dime which actually was a 55 dollar cab ride.
    I took my 2007 387 13 speed c15 to the frieghtliner dealer up in council bluffs for a complete going over and a Dino all came out excellent yes it cost me 200 but well worth it when you consider the investment. This truck is in very good shape. I did some things to it as anyone would when you first get a truck but nothing major.
    I would recommend Lone Mountain to anyone when you do the math it really doesn't cost any more than bank financing and there is some better tax benefits leasing versus buying and here you get the title at the end with no balloon payment.

8. JustAnotherJarhead

JustAnotherJarhead Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    North West Indiana
    Yup they were great. You just cant turn a rotten apple back to ripe with a "new" truck. Lone Mountain is so cut and dry that its all basically up to you. They wont screw you but you sure can screw yourself. With that said, Im gonna make some money tomorrow.

trucker91 Thanks this.
  9. REDD Express

REDD Express Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I looked at them as well, I think they are ligit, but you HAVE to fullfill the contract to the end of the term, there's no early buyout, like say on a car, less the interest. So whatever the payments are, times the amount of months, you are obligated to pay. I didn't need their services, but they had the particular type of truck I was looking for, so I thought about using them. My honest opinion, the company is Ok, but the salesman are terrible. They actually are not salesman, but order-takers. I knew MUCH more about the truck I was looking for than they did. One salesman flat out made up things about the type of truck! Another just flat out didn't know and didn't care. I had to repeatly ask for information about the truck in question and took days to get a response. I finally found a truck somewhere else.

Im not telling you not to go there' just know the truck you're buying because the order-taker knows nothing!

trucker91 and nofilter Thank this.
  10. Kansas

Kansas Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2009
    aircap, Ks.
    OH BULL #### LOL They have a magical GPS tracker that has a shut her down function huh? :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559:

Did you even bother to think this through before you typed it. Do you have the slightest clue how much trouble they could get into if the "shut it down" malfunctioned while that truck was running down the highway.

I have officially heard it all now...

Pass out the foil hats and knee boots fellers, were gonna need'm

Jarhed1964, DrtyDiesel, SHC and 3 others Thank this.
  11. labagiamf

labagiamf Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    brooklyn,ny
    I read 2 of hhg haulers posts on page 28, and could not find where it was mentioned that the trucks were equipped with a shut down function.

I may be wrong,but what I got from hhghauler's posts is that LMT has a GPS on the truck,which they activated after 5 days late payment, located the tractor as a result of having activated the GPS, and then took possession of the tractor,leaving the driver with only his loaded trailer, a trailer to which presumably LMT did not have a claim to.

May be hhghauler mentioned a shut down function in some other post,but i did not see that mentioned in the post you quoted.

This post,by the way is not meant to criticize, or endorse either LMT,or hhg hauler.

nofilter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.