Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by gulfinc, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks--wasn't sure what they had--but figured it was worth checking--I have little if any experience buying ex-fleet trucks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I have bought several ex-fleet trucks. I always buy trucks that were leased to the company trhu the manufacturer. TMC has good equipment, AN Webber is so-so as I know several guys who work for them and always see their equipment hauling ### to the border LOL

My last 2 trucks were Penske trucks and lasted 7yrs each w/o any major repairs!

4. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama

It wasn't the third party warranty that covered that, it was the OEM (Eaton) warranty. Yes, it was the Transmission ECM and wiring harness.

Scarecrow03 Thanks this.
  5. Eskimo6804

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Hey Joe,
    My customer rep(Nicki) specifically said that there would be zero discount for early payoff when I asked her that specific question a month or so ago. I was looking to pay both of mine off so that I could move them into the name of the corporation that a partner and I are in the process of forming. I am also currently looking to trade one of the two at a different truck dealership, so a discount on payoff would be helpful.

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    i would be happy to just be able to trade this one in for enough to cover the down payment on another lease.

REDD Thanks this.
  7. JHoovestol

JHoovestol Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    What do you guys think a fair discount would be for an early payoff?

8. Eskimo6804

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    I'm not really sure Joe. That is a loaded question you know.

To be perfectly honest with you, I accept the fact that there is no early payoff discount as it is a lease and, due to it's very nature, shouldn't technically have one.

The thing that leaves a slight bad taste in my mouth is that when I leased my first truck from you(I have two), I was told by my salesman AND the gentleman that I met in accounting that there would be some sort of concessions made for early payoff determined on a case by case basis.

I'm not sure if that was stated by those people because it was "the easy thing to say" and nobody had actually ever done it, or if it was in fact true and your company policies have changed since.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  9. Eskimo6804

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    As far as what do I think is fair; I am sure you have a profit per month number calculated on each payment or can come up with one quickly. I would think that 75% of your monthly profit on the remaining payments discounted, or something similar, would be a fair and legitimate way to do it, if you so chose to discount the payoff.

nofilter Thanks this.
  10. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    don't feel bad Eskimo. I was told they were working on a trade in program. that's salesmen for ya I guess.

I also was told no early payoff discounts so I just accepted it. If I had known I would have been doubling up payments last year while I was doing better then I am now.

I still feel lone mountain is the best at what they do for the service they provide so I hope nobody takes this as complaining.

trucker91, nofilter and Eskimo6804 Thank this.
  11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    this is where i got my truck last month but i would NOT TELL someone to get it at Tifton, GA. the shop is a joke....!!

i took it for a test drive and when i came back it had a HOT brake so they put it in the shop and after 4-4.5 hr's said it was good to go.

the next morning i took it for a dot inspection and guess what it FAILED for the same HOT BRAKE. took it back to have it fixed. the mechanic took a hammer and hit the s cam and it poped lose then he looked at me and said nothing was wrong with it.....! 5 hrs later after they changed the brake chamber and s cam it was working right... this was friday so i had to sit all weekend in tifton, ga. to get it re-doted.

they will fix anything you find wrong and it took them almost 2 weeks to fedex my an upper bunk restraint that was missing..

nofilter Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.