Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by gulfinc, Mar 1, 2011.

1. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    mabey you shoulda picked a better truck.

this is what I say about you have to know how to inspect a used truck. I have nothing but good things to say about the IA shop. the shop manager was super helpfull and I probably bugged the heck out of him all week. he gave me lots of good info and I ended up having most of the air system replaced before I left

Strider and outerspacehillbilly Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    i did check everything out very well they had the brake working when i left but after sitting all night with the brakes set the RR would hang just a little and what i didn't like was the shop taking a hammer and hitting the s cam to knock it lose the next day and telling me that their was nothing wrong with it.....!

don't get me wrong i think lone mountain it great just don't think you should go to the tifton, ga. lot.

if they check the truck AS THEY SHOULD why did i find 4 inside light's not working, an air leak in the drivers seat, riped wiper blaids and no upper bunk restraint...? yes they did fix all of it after i pointed it out to them but realy they SHOULD have found all if it when THEY checked the truck in. you would think it would pass a dot when you buy it.

FitTruckerATL, Bsmoove77 and nofilter Thank this.
  4. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    if you ever saw what those trucks look like when they get a lot of them in wholesale you'd probably understand. the companies send them over and they look like wrecks

5. Rooster007

Rooster007 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Hey y'all. Just joined today while doin a little research on LMTL as I have been with a few other companys and just decided to make it official.

Buying a truck, especially a used truck, is a huge undertaking. All the posts I have read so far have given ne alot of info. To anyone else out there gettin ready to jump on board here's a few things I've found out along the way.

1. It is your job the 'buyer' ti insure that the truck you're buying is up to snuff and that includes the paperwork you sign not just what's under the hood. Always have a lawyer check it out first.

2. Not only are pre-trip and DOT inspections good for finding 'visible' problems, but also have a COMPLETE fluid analsys and dyno performed. Also good to have things like compression, fuel pressure, injector leak testing, ect done. This will tell you what he truck is doing underneath that yellow, red, or green paint on the motor and give you an idea of what to expect for major repairs in the near future.

3. Review all service, warranty, and insurance claim paperwork for accidents and repair trends on that specific truck. Had a freightshaker one time that kept eatin the drive tires on the front drive axle...come to find out, even though the tags matched, there was a different gear ratio diff in the front axle and was tearin up alot of s#%t! And even though freightliner fixed the diff prob they wouldn't re-emburse me for all the tires that thing ate.

4. Make sure your set up for sucess and not failure. Just because u have a $5k down payment doesn't mean ur ready just yet. I recommend havin enough money set aside for bout 3 mos of bills just incase. Never know when that 1 week inframe will set u back. And don't forget about freight not movin this week or that week. It happens. And if ur married or serious about someone make sure that they're in it with you 100%. The last thing someone wants isnthe ol lady blowin up the phone wantin u home. Some of em don't understand that this business takes alot from us drivers for itnto work.

But that's about all I have on it. Yeah I'm a company driver (this week) and only had my CDL's a year, but I've been drivin with my uncle since I was 15 (illegal I know) and have been around this business for awhile. Got burned pretty bad on my first lease w/ CRE and learned a bunch of this stuff the hard way. Hope this helps some if y'all out.

And to Joe # LMTL...cool to see a company owner that backs his stuff up when people try to sling mud on it ( the "icon" lady) . Gonna be callin in a few days to talk business.

Bsmoove77 Thanks this.
  6. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Having CDL's is also illegal :biggrin_25511:

josh.c, OregonJoe, BigJohn54 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Big_Perv93

Big_Perv93 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Joplin, MO
    Maybe it's just me but when I go on the website it only lets me look at a few trucks available I'd like to see all the trucks available or is that all the trucks they have? also put more pictures of the truck up please. then again maybe it's me because I'm using my cell phone. thanks for all a good info.

Rob05 and Trucail Thank this.
  8. Red Dog Duff

Red Dog Duff Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2011
    New york
    What should I expect? Just got approved,have not picked up my truck yet.

9. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri

Did you read this entire thread? Lots of information.

CodyR, outerspacehillbilly and 123456 Thank this.
  10. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri

Unfortunately that's what I was thinking. I wonder if there was any more effort put into calculating cost of operation, comparing company leases or figuring the costs of getting your own authority.

It often becomes painfully obvious why the failure rate is so high in trucking or any other business. I wonder how many people understand "due diligence"?

I know when I was 22; I purchased a truck because others were making money so I knew I could too. Now at 54, I analyze things until I'm dizzy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    SheepDog and nofilter Thank this.
  11. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    Hey guys, lets not get rude with the replies, keep it friendly PLEASE!

MadMac, SheepDog, Dryver and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.