Long fuel lines Oklahoma City to AZ along I-40.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JonJon78, Aug 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    I know it was the article, not you, but meh, point being, its hilarious how they say its not a supply issue... as if no drivers isnt a supply issue.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I remember a few months back hearing that there would be shortages this summer due to a lack of drivers. In that case, feel how in companies need to up their rates and their driver pay.

4. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    If you OWN a truck stop... and you have to charge for truckers to PARK? You have got some serious problems.... this is after the company or OO pays for a fill? Or whatever, 50-120 gallons, or more. Thats really horrible.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  5. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    Can you imagine going out to eat and the first thing you pay for is the table you pick out. The person comes and you have to pay $20 for the table to start with, oh your grandparents are coming. That's $30 then, oh you did say grandparents... senior discount, $27.50. Here are your menu's. Would you like water while you decide? Yes, okay water is extra....

jamespmack Thanks this.
  6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Lots of people are Biden time....

Lumper Humper, Bean Jr. and Team818 Thank this.
  7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    No issues here but I get fuel when all the solar powered trucks are still sleeping

Team818 Thanks this.
  8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    If you don’t like the Oak Grove 70 Petro just go across the highway to the TA. It’s a dump compared to the Petro, run down store, rutted out parking lot that needed to be redone years ago, ect.

The full franchise stores (not the TA express) seem to be much better taken care of. I.e. the pumps work, cleaner, better selection of over priced items, actual restaurants, ect.

John E., Dave_in_AZ and Team818 Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    As is the case with people, very small details speak volumes to me about a person, or in this case this establishment.

A) The TA Oak Grove dog biscuits that are $4 each at the cash register.
    B) They built a fence to make people walk around to get to the really over priced barbecue joint out front.

The OM is not pleased.

10. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I’ve always found truck stop dog biscuits to be to dry for my tastes. And $4 is outrageous!

As a Kansas City area resident all my life, there’s one that is true about any BBQ restaurant in town, they are expensive. The ones that aren’t, no matter how good the food, they always go out of business it seems.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    It's a rip off. Now if you go down to say Georgia or South Carolina, stay at a plain old Peelot, you can get some real barbecue, totally satisfying, for a reasonable price.

86scotty, Lumper Humper and kylefitzy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.