Long nose please- company driver

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by CruzControhl, Dec 9, 2018.

1. WHY NOT

WHY NOT Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    I haul grain and went from a 2005 FL columbia 112 to a 98' W900L and really like the big hood. It doesn't turn as well as the short shaker but I get around everywhere fine and I actually prefer the visibility out of the narrow cab. Its nice being able to reach things to work on when 1/2 the motor isn't tucked under the cab. That and I love how the KW looks. Its nice hopping out walking away from the truck looking back and being proud of what you are in. So dont let anyone talk you out of a hood if thats what you want to be in.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    If you don't turn around and look at your truck a few times while walking away you're driving the wrong truck.

4. CruzControhl

CruzControhl Light Load Member

May 7, 2018
    So ive heard. Definitely dont want crap pay.

5. CruzControhl

May 7, 2018
    Thanks. On the heavy haul video i thought using a truck to help pull another truck instead of pushing the load from behind would also be great but i know nothing about heavy haul to be honest.

6. CruzControhl

May 7, 2018
    Its nice being able to reach things to work on when 1/2 the motor isn't tucked under the cab.

Yeah on the 15 fl i drive i noticed that. I thought to myself if they ever have to pull this engine it'll have to come forward before it comes up and out...must be a interesting process.

7. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    First Class Services has one of the sexiest fleets on the road.

CruzControhl, swervyjoe and wore out Thank this.
  8. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Farmers Oil and First Class Services have nice trucks. Their drivers compensation packages vary according to experience but does seem above par.

Lots of hood haters around here. Makes me wonder why? So it's not your preference no big deal, an aero ain't mine no big deal. Only I don't flap my lips on the which is better cascadia or volvo threads.

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'm more a fan of regular hoods myself. I think the only way to get me into a long hood would be if it had a 3408 or a 12V71 under the hood :cool:

Tombstone69 and CruzControhl Thank this.
  10. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    And better yet...a K19.

For some reason, my "wink, wink" won't post.

11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Just the fuel mileage worshippers that can't wrap their head around somebody being able to make money 5mpg or able to see out of a truck that isn't today's version of the cabover.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.