Long time lurker looking for new job

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by southtruck, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Arod1098

Arod1098 Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2021
    K&B is not a good company. Don’t know what “research” you did but I drove for them. That guarantee pay is BS, equipment was questionable as well. I always had issues with truck. That pay comes with conditions and they’ll try to make you jump major hoops to receive it. You sit quite a bit too. Take that for what it’s worth. Good luck on your search.

southtruck Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. southtruck

southtruck Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
    I appreciate your input. Yes the reviews have been bad. Which is why I began research in the first place. They were the first consideration because they aressively advertise the road warrior program. But they have no terminal near a major hub. Just daily flights to Chicago. Not a deal breaker but definitely not helpful. This is why I will make a spread sheet to decide which is best for me which includes TR reviews and recommendations.

Some.reviews are just people with bad attitudes though. Something to keep in mind. You should see my equipment!

Million mile junkers!

Currently, Marten is in the lead with , Crete Schaeffer and Schneider clipping their heels but the spreadsheet will give me better objective data.

4. southtruck

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
    Every driver has a different hierarchy of wants. Mine in order ar
    TErminal location(s)
    Terminal quantities
    Allowable time off (weeks)
    Pay
    Training programs
    West Coast
    Reviews and recommendations.

These are just the top things I am looking at. Things like equipment are so far down because anything would be better than the junkers I drive currently. Lol there are other considerations as well like South regional. I will share the spread sheet if and when I get r dun.

5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Check with AN Webber in Kankakee, IL. NOT a foreign fly-by-night... founder, son and grandson (current owner) are all military vets. You will get a red, white, or blue Peterbilt, and they seem to generally do a good job at taking care of their employees. Not a place that will claim you'll get rich, and you will likely have driver-assist unloads along the way (they have a major contract hauling water heaters that will need to get to the back door), but a large portion of the freight will be PACCAR parts and they do have decently long runs (mostly to WA, TX, IL, SC, and TN. They might be able to work something out where you can come and go from ORD.

southtruck Thanks this.
  6. southtruck

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
    This one looks ok. They might have an issue with me being currently mainly Local and not OTR. 8 Years local 4 with a 10 speed on flat land but I have been spoiled with autos the last 4. They want at least 4 years but I don't know if that is OTR experience. Put em on the list and see I guess.

7. southtruck

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
  8. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    If you ever served in the military, let them know. They accept military service as a substitute for experience if you are short on the regular kind, and are a very patriotic family.

southtruck Thanks this.
  9. southtruck

Sep 14, 2014
    Flaw dah
    This is the best one so far as a fit for me. The 7 days on 2 off and is stackable is exactly what I want! Benefits, 401k, 70 MPH trucks

O'hare is an OK airport and it looks like they may have something close to Atlanta as well.

getting warmer...

If I could get a company like this near a southern Hub Like , MIA, FLL, ATL, IAH, or LAX then I would be All in! Definitely a top pick.

10. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Who lied to you? O'Hare is a DUMP... but there are flights to everywhere out of there.

southtruck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.