Longhaul or regional with TMC

Discussion in 'TMC' started by tumbleweed55, Nov 11, 2008.

1. tumbleweed55

tumbleweed55 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2008
    South
    I've just finished school and have been prehired by TMC. I'm very seriously considering them but would like some opinions about which would pay more with %, longhaul or regional. I'm guessing longhaul but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flatbedbob

Flatbedbob Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2008
    chapin sc
    The pay will be the same for either it's just long haul is being out two weeks at a time and line haul is home every weekend. This is done by were you live in there line haul region or not.

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Clinton, NC
    Alot of it depends on what you want for home time. Regional should get you home 46 out of 52 weeks but you can stay out as long as you want. In long haul they want you to stay out at least 2 weeks at a time.

5. tumbleweed55

Nov 8, 2008
    South
    Well, if everything goes well, I'll be starting Dec 1st. She's supposed to let me know tomorrow if theres room in that class...

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Clinton, NC
    Good luck to you..If you have any further questions i will try to help you. Been a few years since I've been through orientation and I came aboard as an experienced driver.

7. tumbleweed55

Nov 8, 2008
    South
    Wolfpack...i sure appreciate your input. I'll let ya know how things go.

8. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    Personally I would recommend starting on Longhaul just to get a chance to see the country and you only have to worry about driving, not hurrying to get home every weekend.

9. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio
    I am intrested in the long haul because i think you can better quality home time. I am not thrilled with a 34 hour reset i would much rather stay out and get 2 or 3 days at home and get some rest and odds and ends done. I am looking forward to the long haul because i love to cruise the country and just get away from it all. I agree that it would be a bigger rush on line haul to make money and stress everyone out trying to get home, but my kids are grown and i have lots of free time. :biggrin_255::biggrin_255::biggrin_255:

10. tumbleweed55

Nov 8, 2008
    South
    I think you guys are right, I'm thinking long haul to start with so I can get as much experence as I can. And your right, I don't want to be rushed. I'm headed to TMC for the Dec 1st class. Its gonna be a new adventure for me. Been with my job for 23 years. But I'm looking forward to it, its gonna be good.

11. bangngears

bangngears Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    metamora, Ohio

congrats..... i am waiting to hear from them today

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.