Looking at aftermarket seats, ishift question

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by unapez, Apr 20, 2019.

1. unapez

unapez Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I have a 2015 volvo vnl630 with 12 speed ishift. It has oem seats, with the electric shifter mounted on the drivers seat.

I need an aftermarket seat, but I want to be sure the shifter will mount up from the old seat. I can't find much information about this. Can anyone help with this? This seat is killing my back. Thanks

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Have you talked to the dealer? There might be upgrades available through Volvo or at least new cushions for your seat.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  4. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    unapez,
    I purchased last year one of this National seat for new Globetrotter series and it has a built in mount with 2 bolt on right side for i-shift, not cheap, about 2200 cad=aprox 1600usd) but worth every penny, love it. It came without armrests, i didn't know you have to pay extra for, talk to volvo dealers perhaps you can order it with armrests. part# in this thread and it's easy to instal yourself 4 bolts in floor and airline, it has some electric line also i didn't connected in my 2010, i don't know what are for, perhaps heat. They should have a lower price option covered in fabric not in leather.
    New Volvos 760/860 seat

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  5. Newto Trucking

Newto Trucking Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Kriete Truck Center in Wisconsin has aftermarket seats in stock and adapter plate to mount ishift gear selector. Theirs are made by Seats company. Chrome shops selling aftermarket seats and would be able to order adapter to mount ishift gear selector and in some cases might be more knowledgeable and willing to help then parts counter people at Volvo dealer. Find a seat you like and call the company that makes them directly they would give you part numbers and local dealer contact info. Let us know what you pick..

6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    It's probably needing a new seat cushion.
    $45

I've replaced 2 in my 2016 truck with 450k miles but I'm OCD.

It has leather national seats but the fabric ones should be the same foam cushion.

You will have to remove the cover and reinstall otherwise buy a whole cushion with cover and they're $$$

lilillill Thanks this.
  7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Thanks for the info. Mine will be getting a new cushion ASAP.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. Newto Trucking

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Where do you buy just a cushion itself?? Cause the dealer only can sell upholstered seat cushion and it’s like $200 1/3 of the whole seat.

9. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    I got mine from the dealer, had to give them the P/N printed on the foam

Caution removing the lacing that tightens the cover, you want to carefully remove the clamp without damaging the rope..

Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  10. Newto Trucking

Dec 26, 2013
    NE Illinois
    Thank you, found that part number and local dealer already ordered couple for me. Have you tried replacing back cushion???

11. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Awesome!

No i haven't tried that yet mines still doing okay..

Newto Trucking Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.