Looking at updating trailers....best 'used' trailer??

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Gambi80, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Gambi80

Gambi80 Medium Load Member

Got a 96 East all-aluminum flatbed now that's 48x96. Would like to upgrade some, especially to 102" wide. Seems there's an enormous price spread between 96 & 102. I'd like to keep the all aluminum theme going. What's the best used trailer for the buck? Price range would be around $20-25k. Lots of Fontaines on my truckpaper wish list, more specifically the Fontaine Infinity. I also like East, mainly because of their strap hook rail deal on the passenger side. What say you?

Also, what would you spend on a cherry 1996 48x96 East all aluminum flatbed, outside alum wheels, brand new everything on the brakes, 8 matching virgin tires at 85+% and 2 boxes..?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Exiled

Exiled Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    53416a6a4b79c.jpg trail.jpg

i wonder why flatbed is over priced in the states

if it possible , you can import a set of 5 trailers from EU +shipping it would be around 25,000$. i dont know how much custom charges .

you add a bit to paint and etc ,

bstadele Thanks this.
  4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Probably because in the US we don't tend to run equipment that would have challenges meeting bridge laws and capacity with trailers outfitted for the EU...

Im interested in your question Gambi. I have a 2000 Ravens 48/96 all alum, alum wheels (11/24.5 caps all new), toolbox, dunnage rack, ladder rack, new brakes across the front axle, 10 lights per side, dump valve on the rear of a 10' spread...I figure try for as close to 15k as I can get. Seems to be approximate market value judging by truckpaper and private ads I see in other equipment selling magazines.

bstadele Thanks this.
  5. Gambi80

Gambi80 Medium Load Member

See if the picture via iPhone works..

Attached Files:

bstadele Thanks this.
  6. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    CK. TMC. they sell all the older alum.trailers after so many year of service.

bstadele Thanks this.
  7. Ruthless

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    I looked at tmc used truck sales website. Only had 2 trailers n neither one was a flat. Stopped by the closest trailer sales place by me. Was in a personal vehicle so the sales guy didn't see my trailer to examine but said trade in $11,000 to $12,000; retail $13,500 ish. Said he's got a couple 102" flat specced similar to mine and of the same vintage. They sell for about $15,000

bstadele Thanks this.
  8. Battle Born

Battle Born Heavy Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Scandia, Mn
    Anyone know an approximate weight difference between a combo and all aluminum? I'm looking to buy one, but am interested in the differential too.

bstadele Thanks this.
  9. Ruthless

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Depends on which model and manufacturer. There are some combos out there like the Fontaine revolution that are similar weight to all aluminum.

Battle Born and bstadele Thank this.
  10. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    I thought Fontaine Revolution's are all-aluminum, not combos. That is how they advertise them.

Their Infinity trailers are combo's.

bstadele Thanks this.
  11. Ruthless

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    I believe the 'revolution 52' is all aluminum. I don't know specifically which models are steel vs combo vs aluminum for fontaine.

Combos can can be light.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    bstadele Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.