Looking for 48 st OTR Van or Reefer gig for Empty-Nesters

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by richieryan, Jan 15, 2014.

1. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    Something for me (Driver), wife & caged Ferret. We are putting our household goods in storage and full-timing it in the truck. Time off in OKC or PHX. Any company ideas?:biggrin_25515:

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    turbo needs drivers asap.. They will run you hard and they well want you to cook the books

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    If you are willing to try becoming an owner operator/lease operator, jct isn't that bad. Their program is good and you will run miles there. There is a thread on here in favorite trucking companies called running with jct. Lots of numbers and information there.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Look at:
    Holland Enterprises
    Dynamic Transit
    National Carriers

6. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Freymiller, OKC and Feed the children, OKC….just a couple companies there. Is Wife driving also ?

7. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    I've given JCT some thought, but I don't see affording all the same bennies as an O/O that I get as a company driver.

I had applied and was accepted by Holland a few months ago, but we were not yet free to travel. May have to call Denzil...

I'm the only driver. Freymiller I've kept tabs on, with my reefer exp, but I don't think they can match the .40 I get now.

I saw an ad for National Carriers recently that claimed 100% company-paid health ins, that they valued at .06mi, which sounds like the $600mo I pay now for insurance. Need to confirm...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.