Looking For a Couple Trucks that can handle off-road.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Julionewtrucker, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Julionewtrucker

Julionewtrucker Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Hello, I know there will be many options and preferences along with opinions. I am looking into buying a few trucks to put to work. I currently have one 1994 international 9400, with a cummins N-14, spicer 9 speed. I use it to haul a belly dump. About 80% is not on paved road, I drive on a dirt/gravel mountain mine road. This truck is pretty decent it hauls the loads effortlessly works good. The down side is that almost every 12 hr shift something breaks off. l repaired: exhaust, ignition switch, rear diff bearings, mirrors..all small things. I haven't had any real big issues. I think the problem is that its a light truck, and parts aren't exactly too find. My question for those willing to help and give their opinion: witch truck would be a solid one that can withstand driving off road, and have parts that can be easily found. any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    Western stars take a lickin better then the rest. I'm not bias, I own them all, the star is a beast. 20170515_140226.jpg

Lepton1 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.