Looking for a flatbed driver in the next month or two. PNW regional

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by dlstruck, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlstruck

dlstruck Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2016
    We're a small company, just me and my dad right now. We do mostly regional work in the PNW but do go OTR once in a while if the market gets slow in the winter. So far this year we're super busy and it doesn't look like it's slowing down soon. With regional work, my dad is usually home 2-3 times a week. If you live somewhat close to I-5 in WA or OR, you would be about the same.

The truck isn't quite ready yet, getting overhauled at the moment. I expect to have it done in about a month since I'm doing some extra work on it.

It's a 97 FLD that is extremely clean inside. I bought it from a guy who ran local containers so he only slept in it a few times a month. This truck will also be ELD exempt if that is something you want. Don't let the year fool you, it runs really smooth with new drivelines, shock, and motor mounts and will run circles around new trucks with their emissions. Detroit series 60, 470 HP, 10 speed. All new virgin tires. I will have an inverter, mini fridge, and microwave installed. Also will buy a brand new mattress before you start. Truck has a Norpass transponder. We don't have any violations so we almost always get a bypass.

I don't care if you have a cat or dog as long as they don't destroy the interior.

I prefer someone with at least a year of flatbed experience so we don't have to train anyone from scratch. If you have zero flatbed experience, you need at least a year of driving because we don't have time to train a brand new driver and a brand new flatbedder at the same time. I don't really care about a criminal record but if yours is clean and you can get a TWIC, that would be a plus. US citizen is a plus as well since there are plenty of military loads around here that require that. As far as driving record, I can't have anyone with any recent DUI or reckless driving type violations. I will check with my insurance company on other smaller violations.

As far as pay goes, we will do a % of gross. I will pay on W2 but can pay a slightly higher % on 1099 if you want to deal with your own taxes. We can discuss the options and details in person. You will probably do a trial week or two with my dad so he can see how you drive. We're a small company so a bad driver that gets violations or accidents can seriously increase our insurance costs for years to come.

We have a pretty decent sized property if you're just moving to the area and want to park an RV there or store a car or something.

Anyways, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I'm pretty flexible and open to different proposals or ideas.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.