Looking for a foot in the door with vehicle assembly plants and rental car companies.

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by MCT Kentucky, May 6, 2021.

1. MCT Kentucky

MCT Kentucky Bobtail Member

May 6, 2021
    Kentucky
    Hello Everyone,

I am working with a friend’s company to expand and acquire new business in the car hauling industry. I’m hoping to make some connections in the car hauling industry, and get any leads or contact info for manufacturing plants and rental car companies in the US.

Background on the company. The company is well established and has been in business for 8 years. We have a fleet of 8 trucks, 4 company owned and 4 owner-operator trucks. All of our trucks are using new equipment with the oldest model being a 2018. All are strap style, 9 car hauler trailers. Our company is ready to grow and our goal this year is to apply and onboard as a finished vehicle carrier, or a backup carrier for vehicle assembly plants. All we need is an introduction or a foot in the door.

My professional background is in Lean, Continuous Improvement Management, and Operations Management in appliance manufacturing. My background benefits me in this sales focused role because I can speak the manufacturing shop floor lingo and offer auto manufactures “a positive impact to your KPIs and Metrics”, “eliminate waste”, “Safety Quality Delivery Cost”, etc. However reaching the right person or even the right department has been challenging.

I am trying to reach Finished Vehicle Logistics and Shipping managers/departments at US auto manufacturing facilities and rental car companies to introduce our company and begin their application and onboarding processes. As you are aware, the contact info for those departments is next to impossible to find online. Does anyone in this forum have any leads or relevant contact information you can share? I will be happy to pay it forward and provide any professional support and networking I can.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I doubt anyone is going to throw a book of freight at you, but I’m often wrong.

@Banker ??

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You're not wrong this time. It always amazes me how some people can ask for something like that and not be aware of what a blunder it is.

Hulld, Hammer166, AModelCat and 6 others Thank this.
  5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I was hoping to come after some of your Big Money one day. I am just barely get by these days, but keeping all I can to myself. Lol I really don’t have any advice to offer.

Hulld, Hammer166, AModelCat and 6 others Thank this.
  6. MCT Kentucky

May 6, 2021
    Kentucky
    Right? Any potential connections are very appreciated.

blairandgretchen and bzinger Thank this.
  7. MCT Kentucky

May 6, 2021
    Kentucky
    All good. Thanks anyway. Go get that Big Money!

Banker Thanks this.
  8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I hate to say it but I have lost my desire to help others on this forum that I don’t already know. It’s kind of turned in to what the CB Radio used to be. Too many people saying shut up stupid and I don’t have any panties on. Not enough people actually helping others out. I really don’t know anything outside of my single truck operation leased to a carrier. My knowledge isn’t what you need anyway. Good luck.

Hulld, Tropsnart, Hammer166 and 5 others Thank this.
  9. MCT Kentucky

May 6, 2021
    Kentucky
    Thank you for your feedback. I'm sure there is a lot for me to learn from experienced industry professionals such as yourself. Would you be able to advise how someone brand new to the industry can reach out to the community for advice and connections? The decision makers in logistics and shipping departments are well insulated and hidden from unconnected newcomers who have not yet built our professional network. If only I had worked in automotive plants rather than appliances... the pay would have been better too!

10. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
  11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    There are trade groups that probably would help you. I can’t remember his handle on this forum but it is Ziggy(something) and he is a small fleet owner also. He definitely would be a wealth of knowledge. Ziggy is his name I believe, but don’t hold me to it.

MCT Kentucky and BigBob410 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.