Looking for a lease purchase company

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by sunflyer, Mar 9, 2017.

1. sunflyer

sunflyer Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Dayton OH
    Any good ones out there for doing a lease purchase ? Preferably on a Volvo 780. I've got two years experience here in the states and fifteen in Europe. Or am I better off going to a dealership and lease from there ?

Thanks for reading

spindrift Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CSDixon

CSDixon Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Denver CO
    Quality and Landstar. Top of my list.

Alexander suero Thanks this.
  4. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    You I'll see replies from people saying all lease purchase contracts are bad. The truth is: some are bad some are not. Find an honest company. I suggest to work as a company driver at first. Are there owner operators who successfully completed a lease purchase, own their truck and continue to haul for the company?

5. sunflyer

sunflyer Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Dayton OH
    I hear all kinds from different drivers, I know there are good ones and bad ones out there. Just need some input from someone who successfully completed their lease purchase programs. Thanks for your replies both of you. I will check out the two mentioned companies.

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    When you get your CDL you gonna lease ?

7. rhmc

rhmc Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Miller transporters is a good one. I bought and paid for 2 trucks with them. I bought a 3rd truck and did a year with it until a few days ago when they deleased me. Even though we separated under not so good terms mostly because of my disagreements with certain policies i cannot knock the company. Their lease purchase program is very easily completed and many complete and stay.

IronheadSmiff, 51.50 and Bigrayon Thank this.
  8. rhmc

rhmc Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2016
    When they deleased me i sold the truck to a flatbed company and am putting another truck i already owned back on the road

9. CSDixon

Feb 7, 2017
    Denver CO
    Lease purchase? No. Lease option (rent with option to buy)? Maybe. After the first 2 years or so. Not so much for "POTENTIALLY" more take home pay, but more for the ability to make my own schedule (see: signature) and for the business operations experience. Rent for 5 years. Build credit. Save $200 per week. Buy used truck cash. Lease on. $20,000+ credit line for breakdowns, repairs, etc. Go huntin' n fishin' (see: signature).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  10. CSDixon

Feb 7, 2017
    Denver CO
    Both have lease "option" programs available. Also called walk-away leases. See my post above.

11. trent3233

trent3233 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2017
    Fremont, CA
    Biggest mistake that people make is they don't look for the program that is the right fit. If I had to do it again and didn't have $7500 for Lone Mtn, I would do the L/P that was really a rental that paid out on completion so that I had the money to get a truck at Lone Mtn or other program like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.