Looking for a small company that treats drivers right

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Bootheel Runner, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Bootheel Runner

Bootheel Runner Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Been screwed for 11 months now by every one that I have worked for. Would like do do lease but scared to death of being locked in to a company, problem is that no one that I have worked for will give me a decent paycheck so the down-payment of $5,000+ is an issue. Like I said, I would like to find a small company, preferably running hoppers or food grade tank, that will hire with 1 year exp. I really need honesty and a decent rate of pay. I am trying not to loose hope that there are companies like this out there but I'm beginning to think that they are all b.s. Thanks guys.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location?

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Steel Dragon and Oldironfan Thank this.
  5. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    I'm out of Charleston, MO. Its a great place to be since I'm in the middle of 2 major freight lanes. My house sits .2 miles off of I-57 and 12.6 miles from I-55 at Sikeston, MO. I don't like to be home more than every other weekend preferably out for 3-4 weeks and home for 3-4 days. If they can work a schedule like that I can get myself home in my personal vehicle when I need to, within reason.

6. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    Sorry, PA is out of range. Thanks for the reply though!

7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    How many companies have you been with in the span of 11 months? In what ways are they screwing you? Please elaborate a little further.

Steel Dragon and freightwipper Thank this.
  8. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I gave you what you asked for. If you're not serious enough about what you want to be willing to move to where you need to be in order to get it, then I can see why you feel that you've been screwed by the companies that you've worked for in the last year.

What you've been doing hasn't been working for you. If you're not willing to change things up a bit, then you're going to continue to have the same result.

Good luck to you!

Steel Dragon and Oldironfan Thank this.
  9. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    Currently on #8. $300-$400 a week is not a living wage and two of them didn't pay me at all. Southern Refrigerated was the worst. I didn't receive a check for the first 3 or last 5 weeks of my employment. I finally had to walk away to avoid losing my house. They paid .30 CPM and took .03 CPM for per diem. Any otr repairs such as lights or windshield wipers would be advanced to a comdata card and labeled as "road expense" as opposed to "cash advance". It would then be deducted from my next paycheck even though I had submitted the receipt and it was approved by the fleet manager. That's not to mention being charged $545 for another drivers lumper fee advance because I didn't submit the receipt. Other companies have either run shady equipment that was constantly in the shop or on the side of the road, or not dispatched enough miles. Lowell C. Hagen trucking's average length of load was 370 miles. At .40 CPM you cant make any money when it takes 2.5 hours to unload and another 3 to wash and reload. I just want to be able to pay my bills and not wonder where my next meal is coming from, or like right now, whether or not its coming at all.

HalpinUout and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  10. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    Tried that once. Moved to WI. It didn't work out.

11. Bootheel Runner

Aug 20, 2017
    Southeastern Missouri (Charleston)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.