Looking for a Teammate

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Kstrong86, May 27, 2017.

1. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Hello world. Well through my journey of trying to find some local jobs and came up short and just one month on the road of exp with a previous company that I had no choice but to leave I have joined US Xpress. I will be going to Orientation at the Jacksonville, FL location. I start Tuesday. I will be doing team operation. I figure it may be a better fit for me because the solo thing just isn't working out right now and I was not making any money. Being with someone does not bother me as long being a slob and personal hygiene is not a issue with them. I am recently Discharge from the Army and currently serving in the Reserves. I am looking for a team mate because I want to run teams during my first year of experience. I believe having someone on the road with will make all the difference and the chance to make more money solo isn't appealing. I would like to find someone who has 1 or more years experience so that way they can help me and show me the ropes while on the road instead of just trying to figure out things myself. If anyone is attending the orientation on Tuesday for US Xpress in Jacksonville, FL and looking for a teammate please feel free to pm or respond here. I'm all about making money and I have all endorsements plus TWIC card. Male or female is not a preference of mine. I just want someone reliable and trustworthy on my side in that truck. and if you are a current USX driver and know of some people that might be interested in this situation. Please have them contact me so we can talk and get to know each other. I'm really excited about this company and really excited traveling the country. I look forward to all your responses and insights to come. Thank and God Speed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    You might call Lisa and see if she's working or is looking to team. She's a little too high-maintenance for me and she won't drive a Cascadia.

IMG_0940.JPG

RedRover, BigTennOTR and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Well that's all teams drive is Freightliners lol so that might be an issue. But high maintenance that's my thing because I am too. I'm sorry after being in the military for so long and deployments and field with no showers sometimes. I like to smell good and look good. Personal hygiene is real big for me. lol it's worth a shot of trying to find someone. Now how do I contact her or is this just a newbie joke lol

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There used to be a web site team driver "matching service" many years ago but not sure if it still exists.

Drivermatch dot com maybe?

Usxpress should have one such as it is. It's probably worthless though if you do have a number of requirements. They probably just hook you up with whoever is next on the list.

jungledrums Thanks this.
  6. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Not a lot of requirements on my part. Just need to be able to take a shower and and not have stuff all over the place. It's already going to be a tight little spec and to have stuff unorganized and just all over the place will make it harder and not taking regular showers well the smell is not that pleasant

7. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    But I will check it out. My recruiter said something about they have a match making Program. Or I could just ask at orientation. But I don't recommend two newbies in the same truck together you know.

8. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    There's also a subforum on here: Drivers looking for team drivers. You could search there, perhaps..... and maybe repost the original from this thread, or an abbreviated version~
    Best wishes~

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Talker versus non-talker

Smoker versus non-smoker

Age difference and music preference

They mind listening to right wing talk radio during the week days?

They jabbering on the phone 6 hours a day?

These are critical IMO

10. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    This is a re edit sorry. But yea those things don't bother me. I listen to all music. I'm a smoker so that don't bother me. Talking don't bother me either. And if they want to be on the phone all day that's fine I can just sleep lol. I've been through it all in the Army if I can survive in the Army I think I will be alright. But you have very good valid points. Not a lot of people will put up with what you are talking about. Thank you for that info

11. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Thank you I will head over and check it out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.