looking for advice on Schneider or not?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Tlauden, Jul 12, 2018.

1. CrankyTankerYanker

CrankyTankerYanker Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Deleted

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    couple things.

there are no company sponsered plans anywhere I am aware of are "obama plans". When I left 20 months ago, it was united healthcare plans. either ppo w/fsa or hsa plans.

second, being true that loaner machines are made available to employees diagnosed with apnea and later any and all supplies including replacement machines are fully paid for by company sponsered insurance with no out of pocket at all for employees, where is the scam with schneider? whos being taken advantage here?

4. Lifechange05

Lifechange05 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    My
    Your obviously unaware that the current health care plan with Schneider is high priced with a high deductible that doesn't pay until you reach your deductible. I have gone to the doctor under my current health insurance and while providers do give a discount the entire charge comes out of your health savings account. I have had better insurance with other employers that had actual copays and lower yearly deductibles. The Schneider health plan is nothing like that until you pay nearly 4k out of pocket after making premiums in excess of 500.00 a month for a family plan (self/spouse). In my book that's an overpriced minimal coverage plan just as we saw when the obama care health care changes took effect.

Regarding the cpap, the machine my friend received wasnt a loaner machine. He did undergo testing prior to the effective date of his health insurance. Following the visit in order to receive his machine he had to sign forms. Schneider isnt self insured so that signing of the forms clearly shows that those forms were submitted to health insurance after the effective date. Also, miraculously many that I spoke with that underwent testing were provided no explanation for the diagnosis. A few went for a secondary consult out of their own pocket and were able to show they infact didnt need a cpap machine.

Just my thoughts as a current driver.

5. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    driver, that insurance was that way before aca took effect.

what does your second paragraph have to do with no out of pocket, other than some sought a second opinion?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.