Looking for an OTR company with guaranteed pay in Tampa area

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by Sapphire_Glitter, May 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire_Glitter

Sapphire_Glitter Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2021
    I'm currently looking for a new company to drive for that has a terminal or place to park the truck in Tampa area, with garunteed weekly pay, right now I'm getting $1400 minimum a week gross (wether I get the miles or not) and would like to make similar. I currently have 11 months experience nearing the year mark

Has to be OTR across all lower 48, no daycab, local or regional, allows passengers/pets, no driver facing camera or strict safety dept, must have APU and Automatic trucks. Open for any type of freight hauling as I have tanker and doubles/triples endorsement. preferably for a decent size company, any recommendations I'm looking to make the change within 2/3 weeks at most

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Make sure you get that full year in before you leave your job, maybe even a few weeks extra just to make sure they count it all
    Makes a big difference

4. Sapphire_Glitter

Oct 16, 2021
    I would stay with this company but they're creating a hostile workplace with as good as I'm getting paid I actually want to stay here but the management just makes it impossible I literally got written up for doing my laundry and needing to take personal time to do my laundry and shower
    I would stay with my current company because I'm getting paid great but they're creating a hostile workplace I literally got written up for having to take personal time to do my laundry and shower and then they took a few hundred dollars out of my pay for it and then I had to actually go to work for a Walmart distribution center through them and they would bring my phone once and then hang up I don't even have time to answer the phone and then they wrote me up for lack of communication also when they're ringing the phone once and hanging up and there's no way to call back the distribution center so I was having to call our road service department to email them to even get in touch with them but besides the point there's not any companies I'm even really looking at that require a year in the only two that I was interested in they said they would take me at 10 months and pretty much all of them pay way less and I don't want to go to a smaller company because there's way too much risk with going to a smaller company and they don't pay nearly as well as most of the megas and then the only other one I was interested in was Indian River but I couldn't get them to pick up the phone even nobody at their office would answer the phone they're recruiting wouldn't answer the phone and then I later got told by one of their drivers that they still use paper logs and I was like definitely know that sketchy plus I got to have a company that has a terminal near my house or somewhere to park it because code enforcement where I live won't let me park the truck in my yard or even a week while I'm on home time so I have to have somewhere to park the truck so I'm limited where I can even work

5. Sapphire_Glitter

Oct 16, 2021
    (side note sorry if I post something incomplete, phone acting weird lately after a few updates)

6. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    What makes you think smaller companies don't pay as well a the megas? Its quite the opposite, actually. All of our drivers make the same pay and have the same opportunity to make money. Those who are good at managing their clock and make their appointments on time make $30-40k more than those who cannot do the above or wish to have a relaxing week in the truck, thus we have a variance of $60-100k among our company drivers.

This is a 75-truck Regional reefer operation.

Sorry, we don't have any terminals in Florida. We require all of our drivers to locate their own parking, usually at a nearby truck stop during their home time or at their house (if allowed). You'd probably be better off relocating to Polk County or points northward to find a place that allows truck parking at your home. Then you could work for whomever fits your lifestyle the best.

7. Sapphire_Glitter

Oct 16, 2021
    I specifically think that smaller companies don't pay because I've pretty extensively asked drivers of smaller outfits and they made less than many do starting trucking and some of them saying that they'd been with their companies 5+ years making 45-50cpm. That's just kinda a show that most of them don't pay well, it almost seems like they couldn't even compete with the megas on CPM much less giving garunteed minimum pay+cpm like I'm getting now plus you roll the dice with smaller companies. At least with megas you have an idea what experience you're going to get and get around 60-65cpm. (Plus knowing smaller outfits unless you know someone there you can't really trust them, known enough people go out and drive for smaller places, get out away from home half across the country then the company doesn't pay. I don't even want to risk that

I'm just looking for another company that gives me garunteed pay though

8. Sapphire_Glitter

Oct 16, 2021
    Also I don't hardly pay anything where I'm at, I'm over in Pasco and only paying $300 a month for where I live, if I had a choice I'd of moved out of Florida by now

9. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Our drivers are all paid the same... .55 base +.04 if over 1800/wk, +.10 if over 2400/wk (.55/.59/.65). The mileage bonuses are for ALL miles, not just the ones driven.

I'd say that's pretty good for a company with under 100 "OTR" trucks... our guys are averaging over $80k. There's a reason our turnover is so low, and pay is one of them. Find me a mega that will pay a driver with 9 months to 2 years of experience $80k.

10. Sapphire_Glitter

Oct 16, 2021
    Yes but I'm currently making a higher base pay with a mega. It may be good but still isn't beating companies like K&B, KLLM and Marten and they only want 4 months and all pay more

11. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    You gotta look past base pay. Accessorials are where the real pay comes in. When one company is BSing you over detention (Megas LOVE to BS you over detention), yet another pays every minute on your trip sheet, that's a huge difference in what you take home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.