Looking for best company if you live in Iowa City

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Cymerax, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cymerax

Cymerax Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2007
    I've recently moved to Iowa City and my living situation has changed as well (my 16 yr old daughter has decided she wants to come live with me). So I'm looking for a company who can get me home every other weekend minimum or every weekend if possible. Have considered Heartland but have read a lot of negative comments regarding hometime and mileage. Have been thinking about possibly Roehl but don't know if I have sufficient xp yet (jst 6 mo. out of training).
    Sure would appreciate any leads or advice on where to look for a job fitting my needs ;?D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    You are living near I-80 and The Avenue of the Saints, locations don't come much better than that.Job potential depends on your experience and training, and then your driving record and personal history. If you are squeaky clean, with good job history, some companies have been known to require somewhat less experience than their reputation would say. There is also construction going on in the area, local would let you live at home. You are about an hour from the Quad Cities, about 2 hours east of Des Moines(a little less than that), and less than half an hour from Cedar Rapids,IA. Go another 40 minutes north on 380 and you are in Waterloo, IA.

I live 120 miles north of there so I don't really follow the area too much. I would avoid CRST and Heartland Express because of the home time issues and hot loads baloney. Drive west a little ways on 80 and look at the truck-stops, check the boards and talk to drivers. If your record isn't that good, I know of other companies looking for drivers. PM me if you want, I am supposed to get home every day but get home most days. Good luck in finding something worthwhile.

4. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    If you want flatbed, you can try TMC, or BTI. Both are good companies based out of Des Moines. BTI is alot smaller, though. Which is usually a good thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.