looking for company to get my cdl from in Indiana

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by fatcatj, Jul 27, 2017.

1. fatcatj

fatcatj Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2017
    looking for a company paid cdl around north east IN want to get in to trucking. 40 no dwi good driving record and not a druggie kinda of overwhelmed i hear and read a lot of bad things about some of the big company's thank you for any advise in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mydartswinger

mydartswinger Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2012
    East Texas
    Roehl has a training location in Gary. 4 week program, you get paid $500 per week starting day 1 with the 1st check reaching your account on or about the 3rd Thursday of the month. No upfront costs other than your learners permit, license fees, and food for dinner during the week and lunch and dinner on the weekends. They put you up in a hotel for the 4 weeks you're there.

They train for the flatbed division there in Gary. Once you complete the program and begin driving solo, you'll drive for Roehl for 120,000 miles to "pay" for the school (they do not make you pay anything for the program if you complete 120,000 miles solo, it's $5,000 if you leave Roehl before that is complete).

I'm about to complete their CDL program at the Dallas terminal.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Dont limit yourself to attending school just in Indiana; there's other good choices and they pay for transportation to get there plus lodging & meals.
    Roehl Transport in Gary.
    Schneider in Gary.
    Contract Freighters in Joplin,MO (www.cfidrive.com)
    Jim Palmer Trucking in Missoula,Montana
    Sodrel Transportation in Indianapolis.
    Carter Express in Indianapolis.
    Celadon in Indianapolis.
    Online Transport in Indianapolis.
    Titan Transfer in Shelbyville,TN.

5. VolunteerTrucker

VolunteerTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Celadon in Indianapolis. They should stay a float long enough for you to get your CDL. They provide room and board, food, and training. Also, if you run out of money there is a plasma place within walking distance.

6. Freddycda

Freddycda Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Indianapolis In
    Schneider out of Indianapolis In might be able to help you out.
    RG Transport also has a program to help you get your cdl...
    Sodrel I believe also could help you out, I went to there Safe Drivers Institude Of America there training is the best smaller classes only a max of 6 students per class 1 on 1 training on the road they have day cab Mack trucks 6 speed a lot easier to drive then a 10 speed I highly recommend there School.
    You might also want to check out Carter in Anderson Indiana..
    Best of luck!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.